Chapter 37- Message Received

A/N: Hello Everyone here's another chapter. I wanted to update earlier this week but I was working on a new cover image, which is displayed above. Enjoy the next chapter :)

Blare's Pov

"How much longer until we can use the drill?" Amethyst asked, patting the finished product. "Well with the new coordinates we just got from the moon base we should be ready to go, but we really should perform a few test first." Pearl answered. 

I just nodded my head in confirmation. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Garnet staring at me. I couldn't tell what she was feeling right now, but I knew that I was on thin ice. I let myself get carried away, and the nostalgia got ahead of me. 

I turned my head to look at her and smile. "Garnet I can explain. I just... my connection to Homeworld. I still feel obligated to it. I know that you all don't care for it anymore, but I can't-" "Garnet! Blare! Amethyst! Pearl!" We turned to see Steven racing towards us with something in his hand.

Once he reached us he showed us the communicator from the Moon Base. "She took a direct line to the Diamonds from the Moon Base! What was she thinking!" Pearl yelled. "Man after everything we've gone through she's still out to get us. Ahh I'm taking back all my nicknames for her." Amethyst seethed before listing the various nicknames. 

"She's still loyal something I can't blame her for it's hard to break that, but none the less I knew it wouldn't be this easy for her to switch sides." I commented. Then a honking of a horn was heard from the barn. 

"I see she knows what a horn is now!" Steven complained putting his hood over his head. "You offered her a lot of your trust." Garnet said. Steven turned around with clear frustration, "I did and it blew up in my face. You guys have been protecting the Earth for thousands of years! She could have destroyed all of that. The whole Earth, why did I think I could change her mind."

I frowned feeling guilty. I did this I made him doubt his abilities. Maybe I should have just let him be. "Agh I know right. I guess you can just get into people's heads and change what they think." Amethyst said. She sat there for a minute thinking about something. "Maybe we can. Yyyeeaahh if we just shrink down really lit we can-"

"Amethyst we're beings made of light that won't work." I stated. "No I don't want to tell her what to do. She should just know shouldn't she?" Steven asked looking to us for an answer. "It's good you believe in everyone Steven. Like your mother you seem to have a lot more patience than the rest of us. The truth is not everyone deserves that patience." Garnet said. 

Her words seem to make Steven feel worse, but they reminded me of what I said to him before. "Look on the bright side at least you got this thing away from her before could do any real damage." Pearl said leaning in front of Steven with a small smile. "Yeah." Steven said feeling better.

The peace however did not last as an explosion was heard from the barn. We all gasped our eyes fixated on the barn. "Ooohhh nooo." Steven cried as Peridot stepped out the barn in her robot. 

Peridot cheered enjoying her regained freedom. "How did she escape?" Steven asked. His answer was quickly received when a door of the truck landed in front of us. Peridot bragged about her escape from what she most likely saw as primitive defensive measures. 

Without command we all ran to take her down, but Peridot acted quickly throwing the truck at us. We all jumped out the away avoiding the crushing force of the truck. 

"Steven are you alright?" I asked pulling him to his feet. "I'm fine." He answered. I knew that only accounted for the physical, since he still looked distressed. "Garnet?" I asked. She nodded in conformation. "See none of you know what you're doing!" Peridot yelled runnig off with the communicator.