Chapter 15-Warp Tour

Blare's Pov

 "I can't believe that went so well." Pearl said We had just finished another mission that ended in another successful gem capture. "Wait up sorry. I didn't help much I think the flowers are-" Steven was sadly allergic to the flower pollen. Something else I need to add to the grocery list. We all got on to the warp-pad to make the trip back to the temple, and Steven had to sneeze again. "Do it at Pearl!" Amethyst cheered.  He sneezed and was partially pushed out of the warp stream. Garnet pulled him back in. 

"Guys I saw something out there!" Steven said. What could it be? Lapis would have made it to Homeworld by now so it could be anything. "Steven that's not possible is your vision blurry from the pollen?" Pearl asked as per usual not believing Steven.  "I can see perfectly. Pearl?" Steven said contradicting his own statement. "There's nothing out there Steven. There hasn't been for a long time." Garnet said to reassure him but I wasn't buying it. 

________

It was late when we arrived. Steven was getting ready for bed and me and Garnet were going back into the temple. The door opened to Garnet's room. I waited until the door closed before voicing my thoughts. "Garnet we have to at least take what he's saying into consideration." I said she stopped walking remaining silent. "We all know anything can happen, since Lapis Lazuli got way." I added she still said nothing. "Answer me!" I yelled frustrated by her lack of response. "At least take Steven's peace of mind into consideration." I said leaving the room. 

________________

It seems like they took my idea into consideration, but not in the way I had hoped they would. They're  trying to wake up an armed Steven, which resulted in Pearl getting blasted in the face with water. "Oh Pearl?" Steven said coming to his senses. "Now your not getting any cookies. "Well I don't know what you two expected." I said grabbing four of the tray, before Amethyst rushed over and devoured the rest. 

"I'll save two for you to have later Steven. Now what do you want for breakfast?" I asked putting the cookies away. "I'm sorry Pearl I guess I didn't-" "Didn't sleep" Garnet aid finishing his sentence while he yawned. "Maybe." Steven said. "Oh Steven this isn't about the thing you think you saw in the Warp Stream is it? Pearl said rubbing the water out of her eye. I walked over to the group shooting Garnet a look before turning my attention to Steven.

"But it was real! Something was warping some where in the warp." Trying to get Pearl to believe him, but his attempts would be futile Pearl thinks she know everything. She knelled down in front of him taking his face in her hands, "Listen nothing on Earth can use the warps but us. Do you understand? Steven nod in agreement if you understand. Nod.. in agreement-" "I'm confident Pearl is right but if it will make you feel better we can just go check." Garnet said to which Steven nodded. I smiled glad that she took what I said last night into consideration.

______

Thus began our trip on the warp-pad to soothe Steven and unknowingly my anxiety on the matter. We went everywhere and nothing showed up...yet. We are now stopping at the Sky Spire. "WWWOOAAH! Now that's something Steven Jr.'s been busy. This means you're a grandpa." Amethyst said pointing at the Steven's goat child and grandchildren. "They're so cute." I mumbled. "Congratulations." Garnet said patting Steven's head. "Hey we're getting off task here" Steven said reminding me of why we were here in the first place.

"We've looked all over there's nothing out here to find." Pearl said but I couldn't shake the feeling that she was wrong. "You're wrong." Steven mumbled. "Excuse me nothing on Earth can use these warps but us." Pearl said getting irritated with Steven. "What if it came from space." Steven suggested. I would have hoped that that would n't be taken in to consideration, but after Lapis anything is possible.