Chapter 29-Keystone Motel

A/N: Okay things are going to be a little slow but I'll try and keep the two updates per week schedule. School's wrapped so now I have to switch to my desktop and phone for updates. 

Enjoy the new chapter and see you next update. :)

______________

Blare's Pov

"How could I let this happen? What was I thinking?" Things have been very distant lately between everyone. It had been three days since it happened...three days since we... fused. I couldn't stay within the tense atmosphere anymore, I needed a break.

Despite the unanimous moment between Garnet and I, she began pushing me away. She wouldn't even look at me anymore. I couldn't sit in the house knowing that she was actively ignoring me, so I left warping to the Galaxy Warp. I stepped off the warp-pad shifting back to my original form.

I sat down laying back on the warp to Homeworld. "The feeling was so contagious. It was like we were the same person in that one moment. The first time we shared an emotion that wasn't love.

It happened so fast I couldn't even remember what it felt like. We were two people and then we became one person fueled by an unrelenting rage. "I should go back distance won't keep them from noticing that I'm not there."

___________________

Steven's Pov

"I'm back Steven." I looked down to see Blare. I walked down the stairs to meet him. "Blare you're back, are you okay you weren't here this morning?" I asked he just smiled and returned my hug. "I just needed a little air. Anyways you hungry?" He asked attempting to divert the conversation, but then the warp-pad activated revealing Pearl.

"Pearl! Where have you been?" I asked walking up to her. Pearl seemed shocked that anyone was here for some reason. "Looking for Peridot...for a few days straight." She answered. She looked over to Blare giving him an awkward smile. He just gave a curt nod before walking outside.

"Steven, I know I might have...disappointed all of you. I know Garnet and Blare are very upset with me, but I'm going to them prove that they can trust me again. I want to make it up to them." She said guilty about what happened.

The door then opened I turned around assuming that it was Blare, but Garnet had come back instead! "Oh Garnet I was just looking for Peridot. She's bound to be somewhere right? Any new ideas?" Pearl asked attempting to get Garnet to talk, but Garnet only stared at her before walking past her.

"I'm sorry." Pearl said but I knew it would never be that easy.

"Wwwhhho wants to go on a road trip?" Dad cheered opening up the door. His excitement was refreshing but things were really rough. He looked very uncertain after looking at our distressed faces. "Uuuhh is this a bad time?" He asked.

"No please continue." Garnet said walking to stand next to me.

"Well I gotta drive over to the next state, Keystone." Dad explained. "You mean the Keystone state?" Pearl asked. "I'm pretty sure that's what he said." Dad jumped slightly and I flinched at his sudden movement. Blare was standing right behind him with dull expression on his face.

"Right the state named Keystone. I met a guy on an internet message board, who's selling car was brushes for real cheap. I just gotta meet him in Keystone and pick'em up." He said. I cringed slightly at the memory of car wash brushes. "I don't like those brushes they feel weird on your fur." I said.

"Well do you like motels?" Dad asked I pretended like I was thinking about it. "Probably." I answered. "Think you would like to stay at a motel with your favorite dad?" Dad asked with a confident look on his face. "I don't know if you're my favorite." I said with a mischievous smile.