Chapter 59-You are my Home

A/N: The events of this chapter take place during Kindergarten Kid. I hope you enjoy the chapter. 

P.S: I'll be posting two polls at some point within next week or the week after. I'll elaborate more on them when they are posted.

_______________________________________

When they initially got back it was hard for Garnet to not be selfish. She knew everyone was worried, but she also wanted to keep Black Diamond to herself. Despite her feelings, she reluctantly gave his gem to Steven. Before she knew it Steven had wrapped the gem in a blanket and gently placed it on a pillow on the couch, much like he had done with Pearl's gem before.

No one really said anything taking the time for themselves before they attempted to help Black Diamond. Though the thought didn't bring them peace. They knew there was no point in worrying about it. They couldn't do anything, and the one gem that may have known something other than Jasper was in a similar state as them.

The obvious tension of having Jasper around was surprisingly nonexistent seeing as she had promptly gestured to be let outside and hadn't left her spot on the beach since. No one questioned it simply happy that there was one less problem for them to deal with at the moment.

So, they waited.

____________________________

A little over a day had passed since the fight with the corrupted fusion, Carnelian. The gems weren't going to wait any longer for Black Diamond's reformation. Especially after what happened the first time.

So here they were back at the barn. The peace of the countryside juxtaposing the overall feeling of the group. As they approached the barn, they found exactly who they were looking for. There in the truck bed were Peridot and Lapis. They looked much better the color had come back to them minus a slight dull tinge in some spots from what they could see.

Hearing them approach Peridot had gotten to her feet and looked over the edge at them with a smile. Lapis only glanced at them for a second before going back to whatever was on the tv in front of them. "Hey guys, what brings you to our neck of the woods" Peridot smiled. Steven was the first to approach almost matching her smile. "Hey Peridot. We...We need your help." Steven said his smile falling mid-sentence. Hearing that Peridot looked around confused until her eyes landed on the black gem wrapped in a soft cloth.

"Lapis can you help me down?" Peridot asked. "Sure." Lapis answered summoning her wings and grabbing Peridot. Now on the ground, she approached the gems to look at the gem a little closer. After a while, Peridot hummed to herself before gesturing for them to follow her. As she turned to enter the barn something caught her eyes. Her head quickly whipped around, and she screamed. "What is she doing here!" Peridot backed up slightly pointing a shaky accusatory finger at Jasper.

Before Steven or any of the gems could say anything, a Jasper was pinned to the ground by water. Lapis stood in front of Peridot with a fierce glare. Jasper squirming as she tried and failed to get back on her feet. "Wait!" Amethyst finally spoke up. "She's with us." Lapis looked at her as if she were crazy, "What!" Amethyst rubbed her neck looking at the ground before responding, "Well not with us with us. She kinda came with us after she unfused with Blare. She didn't cause any trouble, so we left her alone." Her response didn't make it any better.

Lapis still looked at her now confused. "After everything she's done you just let her roam around with you! No! No, she can't come in here! She needs to leave!" Jasper just stared at them completely unaffected by their words. If she could smirk Lapis was sure Jasper would, but to Lapis it didn't matter how she looked or what she could do. Jasper couldn't come into the barn. This was her sanctuary. This was her home, and she didn't want Jasper stepping into her safe space. Even though Peridot didn't say anything she could tell she was uncomfortable with the idea too.