Chapter 25- Keeping it Together

Blare's Pov

"We need to track down Peridot. We found her pod. We know she's out there somewhere. She came to Earth with a job to do, and odds are she's still going to try to do it.That's why I've gathered you here." Garnet said. I silently giggled at her seriousness. It was cute that she was trying to make folding laundry a more serious moment. "I thought it was so you could help me fold all this laundry?" Steven asked. "That too, the chore wheel idea you had fell apart fast." Garnet said.  "Wasn't me" Amethyst commented. "I just really enjoy doing all of those things."  Pearl confessed. 

"It's better if we do them together." Garnet said. "Humans should just stop wearing cloths. Be a lot funnier." Amethyst said. "Hey! I'm a civillified part human thank you very much. Clothing is a must. Hmmmm this is a lot, I bet folding would go faster if Ruby and Sapphire were here." Steven suggested. "I'm sure they would be glad to see you Steven, but I am not unfusing for laundry." Garnet said. "Not even for me." I suggested leaning on her and looking up at her with starry eyes. She blushed slight upon making eye contact with me. I simply laughed and went back to folding. 

"Garnet you don't think Peridot will come looking for us do you?"  Pearl asked.  "We weren't her priority. She was sent to do something in the kindergarten." Garnet answered. "Do you think she's still going to try to reactivate it?" Garnet nodded in response. "If she gets it up and running the injectors will turn back on. " Garnet confirmed."Injectors, what are those?" Steven asked. "You've already seen them. Well you've seen them disabled. If Peridot reactivates them they'll pick right up were they left of planting gems in the crust of the Earth. Where the incubate and suck the life right out of the ground. We can't let Peridot restart gem production here, if we do the entire planet will be-" Pearl paused unable to finish her sentence. 

Garnet stood up offering her hand to me. I took it and we made our way to the warp-pad. "Come on Crystal Gems." Garnet called the others following behind us. "Steven." Garnet called. "Come on that means you too right?" Steven asked. He instantly lit up running to join us. "Your a civilified part gem too after all." Garnet said smiling at him.  "Garnet are you sure we should bring Steven this might be dangerous." Pearl asked. "Peridot's got nothing we can't handle." Garnet reassured. "And if it makes you feel better I'll stay by his side." I added she relaxed nodding her head.

____________________

We were back in the Prime Kindergarten. I know they saw gem production as a bad thing but I could only half way agree with them in the sense that some life should remain untouched. I walked around with Steven surveying the area until a voice could be heard. Emerging from the ground was Peridot recording a log report. "Are the other ones with you?" She asked looking around cautiously. Steven tried to lie but eventually ended up telling her they were here. "Of course why not." She said obviously frustrated. "PERIODT!!" She quickly turned and ran. 

We chased after her until she ran up a wall. Steven attempted to follow her but failed. "Hey I can't do that!"Steven whined. "Neither can she!" Pearl yelled throwing her spear at one of the injectors above her. Peridot didn't notice thinking Pearl missed but I smirked waiting for the magic to happen. The injector fell from the wall crushing her. "Do you think she's hurt?" Steven asked looking at the crater in worry "Hahaa nope!" Amethyst cheered running after Peridot grabbing her with her whip, but she quickly escaped through the use of her gem tech. Pearl and Amethyst continued to chase after the escaping gem. 

"Hurry Garnet!" Steven yelled trying to get to them but going no where in her grasp. "If Peridot's mission was to reactivate the Kindergarten the injectors would be on. Look their not." Garnet pointed out. "Oh!" "Let's see what she was actually doing down here." Garnet said moving an injector revealing a tunnel. "You're brains and brawn the whole package." Steven complimented. "Not to mention you have beauty to match as the ribbon to tie it all together." "Thank you." She blushed slightly at my added comment. "Is it because your a fusion?" Steven asked. "I have to keep some of my secrets." Garnet said. "Ahh please I wanna know." Steven pleaded.