Chapter 36- It Could've Been Great

A/N: Hello everyone here's another chapter for the day. I've been so excited for this one because I finally get to reveal Black's Diamond Mural. I've had this drawing prepared since February. I can guarantee you that things are going to get intense from here on out. I'm super excited for the future chapters. 

Hopefully everything from the romance between Garnet and Black, what I hope is seemingly in character added dialogue, Blacks place in this story, the artwork and every moment up until this point is great. I hope everyone is enjoying this next chapter and ever in  the future. 

Thanks for those have you that have been her since the start or joined me later on. Enjoy this new chapter and enjoy the rest of your day. :)

___________________________________________

(Song lyrics)

Blare's Pov

 Things have been really great right now. Today we've all decided to take a break and simply enjoy the beauty of Earth. Right now we're all enjoying the sunset. I was sitting in Garnet's lap along with Amethyst and Pearl basking in the peace. 

I'm glad I  came to Earth. I can see why Pink loved this planet so much. I understand that White wanted to expand the authority, but then there would be nothing left to enjoy if things like this no longer existed. 

~Time Skip~

Steven had us all around a camp fire. Something about Peridot making her own song. He wanted us all to sit and listen. Here we were enjoying the warmth of the fire while Peridot stood in front of us preparing to sing. After a while she got up and stood on a tree stump. 

"I guess were already here

I guess we already know

We've all got something to fear.

We've all got no where to go We all frowned not knowing where she was going with this song.

"I think you're all INSANE, but I guess I am too

Anybody would be if they were stuck on earth with you" By the end of her song we were smiling. "Hahaha Yes!" Steven cheered happy that Peridot pulled through. 

_______

The very next day it was back to work on the drill, but that didn't mean the song stopped at last night for us. 

"Life and death and love and birth and"  Steven sung helping Amethyst. "Life and death and love and birth and"  Amethyst repeated working on the piece of metal. "Life and  Death and love and birth and Peace and War on the Planet Earth"  Pearl sung as she looked into the drill with Peridot's help. 

"Is there anything that's worth more."  Garnet sang lifting the circular object for Peridot and Pearl.  "Is there anything that's worth more." I repeated bring the two gems their requested tools. "Is there anything that's worth more than peace and love on the planet Earth." I heard Peridot sing. 

By the time night had rolled around we had finished the drill. "Nice work." Garnet said patting Peridot on the back. She jumped back startled by the friendly gesture. We all laughed at her reaction, and Steven came and hugged Peridot from behind. 

"We really did it huh?" Peridot asked as if reminiscing on the process. "We?" Steven asked but the posed question fell through the cracks of Peridot's epiphany. "Oh wait I need to check something." She said quickly walking to the drill. 

"She's come so far. It feels like yesterday she was trying to kill us." Steven said reminiscing on the past Peridot. "No no that was several weeks ago." Pearl corrected taking his statement literally.