Chapter 64-Last One Out of Beach City

A/N: Hello everyone, I hope you're having a nice or better day no matter where and what time it is.

In favor of getting these chapters out. I have decided to release these chapters without art. I just don't have any time to do any art between school, my other pass times, and my personal life. So, here we go despite the lack of art I promise that this chapter is worth it.

P.S. The revisions of the Prologue and Ch. 2 are out. These chapters contain lots of extra detail and for the most part don't follow the originals exactly, so for those that really like the story. (Obviously, if you've come this far you do) I strongly suggest reading them.

Enjoy

___________________________________

The sun was beginning to set as Black Diamond had come back from his last delivery. Steven had come up with the grand idea of him delivering the baskets of baked goods to the people of Beach City as a form of peace offering. He said it would make the gems seem more caring. Pearl frowned at that, asking how them saving the planet wasn't enough to show how they cared. Black couldn't help but agree. They had helped save the Earth on multiple occasions, but who was he to question it further? He just didn't want good food to go to waste.

Meanwhile within the temple of the Crystal Gems Garnet was thinking over the events of the past week.

_____Sapphire ____Ruby__

It was about two weeks after the movie night with Steven and Black Diamond. It was late at night and Black Diamond had left saying he was going to 'enjoy the night'. A phrase that had come to be known by Steven and the Crystal gems as "I'm fusing with Jasper, and Carnelian won't be back till sunrise." The only ones that had an issue with it, in the beginning, were Garnet and Pearl, but as time went on and Carnelian proved to be stable and shockingly fine in the presence of humans. Pearl stopped worrying about it as much.

However, this night was different because the moment Carnelian was gone Amethyst, Pearl, and Steven were waiting. All of them sat on the couch facing Garnet with serious expressions. Before she could ask any questions Pearl spoke, "Garnet, I think we should talk about you and Black Diamond." Garnet went to say something, but Steven spoke before she could, "I thought things were getting better between you two." Steven said, thinking specifically about movie night two weeks ago.

"Yeah, and it's getting kinda weird now. We're not saying you guys have to get together or anything." Amethyst added, slouching into the couch. "But we all agree that it would be beneficial for the team if you two were friends. Acquaintances at the very least." Pearl proposed. Garnet stared at the hesitant smiling group. After a while, they began to take her silence negatively, but in reality, Garnet was struggling. Ruby and Sapphire have become more restless, and their differences in opinion on the matter made it harder to stay fused.

"Garnet?" Steven was worried by her continued silence. Something was wrong. "I'm tired of waiting. You won't even give him a chance. We have to be careful. Have you forgotten what he did to us?" Everyone stared with wide eyes as Garnet's glowing hands seemingly pushed herself apart, splitting into Ruby and Sapphire. "Why can't we just be around him! We've been through so much together! He made us happier!" Ruby yelled.

"But he lied to us!" Sapphire countered. The room became colder revealing the extent of Sapphire's pain. However, Ruby wasn't giving in. She was just as heated by the topic as Sapphire. "Just because we know he's a diamond doesn't change all the great memories and things we shared. I saw the way that you would smile and laugh with him. Are we really just going to throw all that away because he's actually a diamond?" Ruby's shoulders shook. Her hands clenched at her sides as she pleaded for their other partner. Ruby's eyes stung with unshed tears.