XVIII- table for two

day 3

Dottie pulled her dark brown hair back into a ponytail, watching Owen make his way into the water.

The air was warm on her exposed skin, she had got into a pale pink and white swimsuit in the hopes of (Y/n) seeing her but Owen had told her that (Y/n) had denied the offer to go swimming.

So it was just her, Owen and Eli. Two people who she had no desire to please, sure she and Eli had slept together but there was nothing remotely romantic or even friendly between them.

"You're sure (Y/n) didn't want to join?" Dottie clarified as she walked over to the foamy edge of the waves.

"I asked her and she said no." Owen, who was now waist deep in the water, turned to the brunette. He narrowed his chocolate brown eyes at her, Dottie wasn't subtle about her liking towards (Y/n).

"Maybe you could ask her again." Dottie suggested as she kicked at the water, she tried to entice him by widening her eyes and sticking out her bottom lip but that wouldn't work on him.

Owen just rolled his eyes. "You ask her, if she doesn't want to go swimming then that's her choice."

"Dottie, you need to stop being so clingy with that girl." Eli said blankly as he shoved past the violet eyed woman to get into the water himself.

He sounded almost jealous but that couldn't be right, Dottie knew that Eli didn't like her. Unless his jealousy wasn't related to Dottie but to... (Y/n).

'He can't like her too... That's... I shouldn't worry about him, he's too cruel for her to ever fall for him.' Dottie thought anxiously.

Eli caught a glance of Dottie's pout and started to chuckle smugly. "God, she's so desperate."

Owen scoffed, not really caring for either of them.

"Maybe the reason I want to be around (Y/n) is becuase she's nice to me unlike you." She accused, stepping further into the water.

Eli started talking again, presumably mocking Dottie so she just submerged herself under water and swam off.

The raven haired man looked back to the house, he too hoped that (Y/n) would come out but he wasn't about to vocalise it as much as Dottie did.

"She's ridiculous, right?" Eli directed his words at Owen.

The ginger frowned, he didn't have strong feelings for Dottie or Eli or anyone he lived with apart from (Y/n). He neglected saying anything to Eli and swam off.

Hana silently stood in the corner of the study. She'd been there for around three minutes and Tim was yet to notice her. Her amber eyes were burning holes into him as he scribbled at a piece of paper.

She massaged each of her knuckles one by one to keep herself calm. Hana had been mulling over Eli's words from yesterday, more specifically what he'd said about Tim and (Y/n).

Hana wouldn't accept that, her heart couldn't take it. She knew she was undeserving of (Y/n) but surely Tim was as well.

Tim kept writing, making notes on all the events that had happened in the house so far. He wanted a comprehensive account of what had happened to them, it was a way to keep sane.