LXXXVI- assertion of power

day 81

When (Y/n) woke up, she was still tangled up with Eli. She was quite clearly more concerned about the reaction the others would have to her spending the night than he was.

She pulled lightly on his hair to wake him but he seemingly didn't react at all.

"Hey... Eli, wake up." She said. There was still nothing so (Y/n) just moved away from him and got up herself.

"Where are you going...?" He whined.

(Y/n) walked over to the door. "I'm going back to my room."

"No, stay here..." He still sounded tired as all hell so (Y/n) just ignored him and out her hands in the chair to remove it. "(Y/n)!" Eli called out again, this time far more sternly. She sighed and walked back to the bed. "Good... now get back to sleep."

(Y/n) sat back down and was tugged back to Eli in and instant. "Do I have to? I'm awake now, can we do something?"

"But I'm so tiredddd, and you're so warm." He held (Y/n) closely, inhaled her scent and sighed out happily. "Just a little longer and then we can do whatever you want."

(Y/n) was usually the one who would be demanding more sleep but not after literally sleeping all of last night and through part of the afternoon yesterday too, she simply wasn't tired in the slightest.

She rested her head on his chest and heard his breaths slow as he got back to the sleep. She was practically overheating in his arms but (Y/n) knew she'd just have to wait it out until Eli was ready.

"You know, we could probably stay in here for longer." He said after spitting out his toothpaste into the sink and rinsing his mouth. Eli had (Y/n) use his toothbrush since her own was back in her room and then insisted on using the same one after her.

"I don't want to upset anyone."

"You're too kind." Eli tisked as if it were a bad thing.

All of them wanted to be that special person to her but in truth (Y/n) couldn't say if she preferred any one of them over the others, there was of course her connection with Hana based of morality but she cared for all of them equally.

She attempted to come at Eli's conscience from a different angle. "I... I also don't want them to hurt you. We don't have enough food to stay in here past tomorrow."

Eli bit the inside of his cheek and considered her words.

"I'm trying to protect you." She continued to try and appeal to what she knew would please him.

Eli smiled at her sweetly. "That's cute.. but I don't need you to protect me."

(Y/n) sighed out. "Well, if you get yourself killed then you won't be able to protect me."

That seemed to actually make him consider it.

She decided to strike again and hugged his waist. "I hate seeing you all fight so much. It breaks my heart, Eli..."

"You really know how to guilt trip a guy, don't ya'?" He looked at (Y/n) and stroked his hand over her hair. "Fine, but we'll be doing this again."