XC- golden ticket

day 86

Harsh light invaded (Y/n)'s vision when she came to, her soft mattress was beneath her. She grunted slightly and arched her back before attempting to sit up only to have a pair of hands gently push her back down.

"You need to rest, (Y/n), you fainted." Owen said in concern.

She looked up to see that the whole household was standing around her bed, their faces displayed varying degrees of worry.

"Huh?" She muttered but then the memory came back. They were fighting and wouldn't stop when she asked them too, it was too stressful for her. "Oh... How long have I been unconscious for?"

"Only about twenty minutes, but it's still not good. You shouldn't be passing out from panic." Tim told her. "Has this happened before?"

(Y/n) shook her head weakly, no matter how loud or aggressively her parents screamed down her ear she'd never fainted.

"I'm so sorry, baby!" Dottie cried out. "We won't ever fight in front of you again!"

Eli rolled his eyes at Dottie's overdramatic nature about the whole thing. "We don't want you to feel scared of us."

"Y-you're not scared of us, are you?" Dottie said between sniffs.

(Y/n) furrowed her brows, there was no straight forward answer so she just went with what would make them happier. "No."

"We're all going to do better for you, sweetheart." Owen leaned down beside her and took her hand in his. "We are all so sorry."

"Absolutely. It was very immature of all of us to do that and not think of you. I hope you don't think any less of us." Tim's words were enticing but sounded all too rehearsed to be sincere. (Y/n) didn't doubt that he felt bad but she wished he'd be honest about it instead of treating it like a public apology.

"Please forgive m- us! I love you so much and I never wanted you to- oh, (Y/n), I'm so sorry!" Dottie whimpered with her arms wrapped tightly around her middle.

"Yeah, I'm sorry." Eli had his eyes fixed on his feet, despite his apology being the briefest she knew he had a hard time admitting when he was wrong so in a way it was probably the most heartfelt of all of them.

Hana was frowning, she felt bad for engaging in the fight but didn't regret any of what she said. "Sorry."

"It's fine, I don't hold this against any of you." (Y/n) said quietly.

"You're so sweet, kitten, so kind and forgiving." Tim sighed out in relief, while she was out he partially feared her old attitude would return. "Now, I think you should stay here in here a little longer and get your energy back."

(Y/n) nodded passively, luckily it was still the morning so her sleeping pattern wouldn't be totally messed up by getting some sleep.

"I'll stay here with you!" Dottie exclaimed but her collar was grabbed by Eli.

"No, we agreed we were going to leave (Y/n) alone until lunch.... Unless you want any of us with you?" He turned back to (Y/n) for the last part, his green eyes bored into her's.