XXVII- unsettling

day 15

Not much more had happened with Dottie and Eli in the past few days. Both of them acted like they'd never kissed (Y/n) and she acted much the same way apart from her sudden peak in wearing turtlenecks to cover up the hickey Dottie had given her.

Part of her wanted to call them out and an even bigger part of her wanted to kiss them again. (Y/n) felt so strange admitting to herself how much she had enjoyed the attention, even if neither of them liked her in that way and they were just doing it to spite the other. (Y/n) had never felt so... Loved in her entire life, it was an unfamiliar yet welcome feeling.

But she wouldn't let that get the better of her. Becuase Eli and Dottie were together and she wasn't really into either of them, she was into the idea of having someone who cared about her.

Today marked the passing of two whole weeks since arriving on the island and this meant they were to receive another package and have their weekly meeting.

(Y/n) only prayed that she or no one else was going to get a 'gift' in this one.

All nine players were sat around the living room in their nightwear (with the exception of Bella who yet again found a way to fully clothed herself in time) since they'd been so rudely awoken and sent downstairs by the alarm. (Y/n) had turned up the collar on her nightshirt to successfully conceal the red area on her neck.

Max was sat next to (Y/n) and squeezed her hand as Tim started unpacking the box. He could sense the blizzard of anxiety that was rushing through her.

"Hey, whatever's in there it's gonna be okay." He assured her quietly.

(Y/n) stood up to go help take some of the new food into the kitchen, hoping that doing something would take her mind off it I stead of just watching the contents of the large box going down and down.

"Are you feeling alright?" Tim asked with clear concern as he handed her several loafs of bread.

"I'm just about nervous is all, you know with last week and that." (Y/n) mumbled.

Tim frowned and lovingly patted her head. "I'll be here for you."

"Can we hurry this up??" Eli hissed impatiently, he wanted to rip Tim's hand off for touching (Y/n).

"Sorry." (Y/n) took the bread away to the kitchen.

Finally the box was emptied and there were no mysterious gifts for anyone. While (Y/n) felt relief she also felt oddly... Cheated? She of course wouldn't wish any of these people to have their own terrible memories be brought up but the lack of follow through made her own gift seem so targeted.

Tim stood in his usual position of the centre of the room and cleared his throat to begin the meeting.

"I don't have to many notices so this should be quick-"

Just when they thought there weren't any surprises the sound of a bell chimed through the air and their heads turned to the screen knowing that this meant they were about to receive a message from the Gamemaster.

And just when I thought you lot were too boring... Although I'm struggling to see the reason for all this hype about (Y/n) but I am glad to see you like her so much!