LXXXI- nightmares

day 76

'It should have been me... I should be dead right now, if I'd have just fucking died that night then none of this would have ever happened...' (Y/n) thought as she lay awake in bed.

She hated her feelings so badly, she could feel herself falling for them and it was horrible. She wanted to vomit at the prospect of being in love with such awful people who'd done such awful things but the thought of being without them was twice as bad.

By allowing Tim, Dottie, Owen, Eli and Hana to do what they wanted with her she felt like she was disrespecting Max, Bella and Angelo to the highest degree. She'd never bring those murderers to justice instead she'd give them exactly what they wanted.

(Y/n) pressed her face into her pillow and screamed, she screamed until her throat hurt and her eyes were watering. 'If you just give in then all these bad thought will go away...' A part of herself told her.

'Give in? Why not shit on Max's rotting corpse while you're at it?'

'He said whatever happened wasn't your fault.'

'How can you love them? You're sick in the head!'

'If you just let go of your doubts then all the pain will go away, they're the only people who care about you. No one else has ever loved you and no one else will.'

'You're not really forgiving them for murder, are you? ARE YOU?'

'Are you really so prideful that you'd be lonely forever? No friends, no family, no lover?'

'Just give up.'

'What's wrong with you?'

'Let them love you.'

'Kill yourself.'

'You're lucky to have them.'

'You're a piece of shit.'

'What other choice do you have?'

'You need help.'

These thoughts and others like it prevailed as (Y/n) drifted off to sleep.

(Y/n) was stood in the middle of a beach. The sky was bright and cloudless yet it was cold, the sea was far away and she was surrounded by nothing but soft pale sand.

Well, nothing apart from two large mirrors either side of her. When she looked down at herself without using a reflective surface she just saw herself as she currently was, in the very pyjamas she'd just gone to sleep in.

When looking in one mirror she saw herself but there were a few key things that were different. She looked healthier, there was a glow to her skin and hair. Her hair had been delicately styled to keep it out of her face and a short loose white dress hung over her. But the main thing that stuck out to (Y/n) about this version of herself were the endless lovebites that littered her neck with barely a patch of skin that wasn't tinted anywhere ranging from a slight red discoloration to a deep purple worlds away from her original skin tone.

(Y/n) touched her neck gently but the reflection didn't copy her actions, she just smiled back.

"You think you can't be happy, (Y/n), but you can." The reflection said to her. "We can be so happy if you just open yourself up to it."

Her (e/c) eyes were slightly dulled, like something inside of her had just... Switched off. Something had been lost and it didn't look like it was coming back.