XLVI- friendship

day 38

(Y/n) had cried all of last night, she didn't want to show everyone else how much Bella's death had affected her. She felt ashamed to be so upset about her death when she might have killed one of her friends and tried to kill another.

Her confidence in the other players was waning. She still trusted Max, but she couldn't help but feel a bit uneasy. Her, Max, Bella and Angelo were supposed to be a team, they started off together and they promised to have each other's backs. It didn't make sense for Bella to kill Angelo, and now only she and Max remained.

Or that was what (Y/n) thought.

But more on that later.

(Y/n) avoided Max yesterday after their disagreement but she knew that she couldn't hold that against him. 'Do what Bella and Angelo would have wanted- stick together.'

Though he seemed to have a more clear cut idea of what he thought happened, they both felt Bella was innocent in the case of Angelo. The two were divided on the topic of Bella and Hana, but they didn't know that yet. They hadn't spoken since the news of Bella's death broke.

That morning (Y/n) woke up the earliest she had in her adult life and went straight to Max's room. She shook him awake mercilessly.

"Uh..get- (Y/n)..?" His eyelids slowly lifted to see (Y/n) standing over him as he felt his shoulders getting viciously shaken.

"Listen to me. I don't care what we disagree about you're my best friend and we're the only two left of our group and we need to stick together." (Y/n) demanded in a more dominant way the she usually composed herself with.

Max sat himself up, leaning on his hands and squinted at (Y/n). "Of course... But you need to trust me over them. I'm not going to stop you from talking to the others and spending time with them but they can't know about our... Reservations."

"Obviously." (Y/n) didn't ever consider letting the others know about her doubts in them, they weren't as prominent as Max's but they were still there.

For now she decided to not make them question her and keep on their good sides, there was no way to prove any one of them did anything so she'd just stay vigilant.

Eli and Owen couldn't help feeling pissed off when they saw (Y/n) and Max happily chatting to one another as Max told some story about his daughter.

Less than a week ago he literally accused Owen of murder! And now (Y/n) was still being all 'buddy-buddy' with him.

"I want him dead." Owen said under his breath so only Eli could hear.

Eli agreed but didn't vocalise that part of him. He knew Max had no romantic or sexual intentions with (Y/n) but he still tensed whenever he'd see him touch her. 'She's supposed to be mine, he can't touch her.'

"We need to stick to the plan." Eli forced his words through gritted teeth. He thought Tim's plan was a pile of steaming horse-shit, it just took so long. But Tim insisted that it had to be done this way.

It was just so frustrating to put in all this effort for (Y/n) only for her to constantly turn to Max- what had he done for her? Would he kill for her? No, absolutely not. And yet she picked him. Every. Single. Time.