XXVI- cabin fever

day 12

(Y/n) took a deep breath as she stood outside of Dottie's room, guilt bubbled deep within the pit of her stomach.

She went to open the door when the handle vanished from ahead of her as the door was opened from the inside.

"Hi, Owen." (Y/n) said as she saw the slight suprise in his face.

"What are you here for?" He asked with a frown.

"I need to speak to Dottie."

"I hope Eli didn't send you." Owen muttered while crossing his arms. "He's full of shit, sent me up here and Dottie had no idea what he was talking about."

"Eli didn't ask me to come here." (Y/n) said plainly, she just wanted to get inside and get this done with.

Owen opened the door a bit wider and allowed (Y/n) inside before leaving. Dottie's violet eyes lit up with joy when she saw (Y/n). She beamed brightly.

That infectious smile that once made (Y/n) happy too only added to the remorse she felt for Eli's actions. She should have pushed him back sooner.

"(Y/n)!" Dottie squealed, going up to (Y/n) and hugging her quickly. "I wasn't expecting you. Not that I'm not happy to see you! I'm so happy you're here!"

(Y/n) gulped as she slowly manoeuvred herself out of the embrace. She probably would've been a bit uneased by just how excited Dottie was to see her in any other circumstance. "I need to tell you something..."

Dottie's smile faded as she saw how anxious (Y/n). Some part of Dottie's psyche told her that (Y/n) was going to confess to her and the reason she was so nervous was becuase of Eli. Dottie tenderly took (Y/n)'s hands and led her to sit down on her bed. They were both kneeling opposite each other, hands still joined.

(Y/n) was glad to sit down as she feared her shaky legs may give way. She'd never done something like this before.

"What do you need to tell me?" Dottie's voice went quieter and calmer than it had been before but laced with happiness all the same. (Y/n) hated to be the person to crush said happiness.

"I... I want to preface this by saying that I am so so sorry and I understand if you don't want to be friends anymore." (Y/n) looked down into her lap and pulled her hands away, she was a traitor and didn't deserve to hold Dottie's hands.

"(Y/n), you're scaring me." Dottie chuckled nervously. 'She has to be confessing, right? What else could it be?'

(Y/n) looked Dottie in the eyes and was astonished by the softness and care that the brunette looked at her with. (Y/n) had to emotionally prepare herself to lose that softness. She'd never been close with people before this and had been stupid to think that these people would like her for very long. They'd all hear about this and hate her. (Y/n)'s parents had been right about her.

'But it wasn't my fault!' (Y/n) thought in protest to her own arguments. Her mother would say that she was only making excuses, her father would say that she led him on.

"Eli kissed me."

Dottie's eyes darkened, her shoulders dropped and she felt an intense and violent urge hit her heart. "He what?"