LXXVI- pariah

day 70

"Can you believe him?" Hana was pacing the basement in the early hours of the morning. Bella watched her with narrowed dark eyes.

"I thought you and Tim were friends." Bella mentioned, she was have trouble keeping up with everything that was going on.

"I thought we were too." Hana said through gritted teeth, her yellow eyes were rimmed with red from the heartache she felt. "I've never gone against him! Well... Hardly ever... He should trust me. I've been the only one in his corner for the longest time."

Bella nodded carelessly. "It's only a week.."

"Something terrible could happen to her without me there... I... I don't trust any of them." Hana clutched her chest. "I just miss her so badly and the week hasn't even begun."

"If you don't trust them then why are you all working together?" Bella sneered.

Hana shrugged. "They'd kill me if I didn't."

"But none of you trust or even respect each other... It doesn't make any sense."

"If we didn't work together then we'd be too busy trying to foil each other to look after (Y/n)."

Bella still didn't quite get it. "You understand that if you separated from them (Y/n) would pick you? You saved my life, that's got to earn you some points with her."

Hana rubbed her arm nervously. "You think so?"

"You're the least terrible option."

Hana wasn't in love with the way Bella phrased it but took it as the compliment it was.

"That's the problem though." She said. "I'm the only one who isn't willing to kill somebody. They all wouldn't bat an eye getting rid of me."

The pink haired woman sighed and leaned against the boiler. "So are you just gonna take the punishment? You're gonna let Tim think he's in charge."

"He is."

"But why?? You're all such idiots, god if I were a crazy person in love with (Y/n) I'd be so much better than you guys." Bella exclaimed.

Hana pushed aside the offence she felt at Bella claim and addressed her first question.

"We need a structure, if we don't have that then... Then it's a free for all and things could end badly for a lot of us."

"Making Tim your leader gives him basically the biggest head start as possible. You realise you're pretty much handing (Y/n) over to him by obeying him?" Bella straightened her back and leaned forward. "You need to show him that he can't tell you what to do."

Hana frowned down at Bella and mulled over her words. "That's the thing... He does tell me what to do... I should be going back upstairs."

"Wait, Hana!" Bella cried out. "Can you please consider letting me go?"

"You know I can't do that. You'll be killed."

"You, (Y/n) and I, we'll take the rest of them down. You know we can."

"We can't actually."