XCVII- so close

day 93

Dottie ran a brush through her hair that morning. She paid close attention to how she looked, she wanted to look her best for (Y/n) after all.

The drawing of (Y/n) remained up on her wall and whenever Dottie felt any doubt surrounding the week that would follow she would just turn to that portrait.

'She will pick me... Because she loves me more than she loves any of them... Becuase I love her far more than they do.' Dottie thought to herself, bringing a cheery smile to her pink lips.

Purple eyes were glazed over with excitement just thinking of the future. (Y/n) would kill off the rest of them, Dottie knew her beloved had to keep up a good face by saying she hadn't made a decision but of course she would choose Dottie.

What competition was there?

Every now and then old insecurities would tell her that Dottie would never be first choice, a lifetime with Derek had shown that well enough. She should just accept that Hana would win (Y/n) over but Dottie refused to think that way.

The more she convinced herself that this was going to happen the smaller those insecurities were.

She looked at her reflection one last time and messed up her hair a little- she couldn't look like she was trying too hard. No, Dottie must look effortless.

"I love you, sweetheart." She said to the picture, Dottie kissed the tip of her index finger and then placed her finger against the drawing's lips. "I can't wait for our life together once all of these... Distractions are out of the way."

Dottie examined the replica of (Y/n)'s face for a bit longer and then headed out of her room, the real thing was far better than any drawing by any artist.

The best of getting off the island would be showing (Y/n) off to Derek. Sure, he had Dottie's dream job, all go their parents' admiration and was continuing to excel but Dottie had the most wonderful woman in the entire world as her wife. Anything Derek did would never compare to (Y/n).

Dottie skipped a bit just thinking about it.

She'd go to one of Derek's stupid exhibitions and take (Y/n). Everyone would be looking at this perfect couple who were a work of art in of themselves while Derek's work on the wall would go ignored.

Dottie would kiss (Y/n) in front of the crowd to show that they belonged to each other and any prying eyes could do nothing more than just look, and that was only when Dottie permitted. Everyone there including her stupid brother word know that (Y/n) was her's and her's alone.

Maybe Derek would try to ask for (Y/n)'s name but her beautiful (e/c) eyes wouldn't even fall on him, no, she'd be much too consumed with looking at Dottie- the love of her life.

Derek would realise that Dottie was and had always been far better than him and he'd just... He'd drop dead on the spot! And then all the art schools would be asking for Dottie and she'd reject them like they did to her!

No one would care that Derek died and her parents would beg for forgiveness from Dottie for disregarding her for her whole life but Dottie would turn them down and go live a life of peace and quiet with (Y/n).