XIX- all about her

day 3

Her lunch date had ended much too soon in Dottie's opinion but (Y/n) said she had to continue with her work in shelving the library books for at least half an hour. So Dottie, albeit reluctantly, allowed (Y/n) to go.

She sighed as the door shut, happy that all had gone well but sad to see (Y/n) go. Dottie just thought (Y/n) was so incredible after knowing her for such a short amount of time.

'Is it possible to fall in love after just a few days?? All I know is that I've never felt this way... I've never wanted to be around someone so much, all I want to hear is her voice, all I want to see is her face and all I want to touch is her skin.... It sounds odd but it feels so right.' Dottie threw her head back and stared up at the ceiling dreamily.

Scenarios came to her head of just her and (Y/n) with their five pet dogs living in a cottage out in the middle of nowhere. They'd go for walks everyday and pick flowers for each other, sweet flowers that smelled like love and freedom. Dottie would lace the stalks into a crown for (Y/n), she'd be a princess.

She'd be Dottie's princess.

Warm homemade bread in the oven, an old crackling radio playing their favorite song as they danced around the kitchen. The day ended with both women cuddled together beneath several blankets after making love. All of it seemed absolute bliss to Dottie.

"Oh, (Y/n)...." She breathed out, a shaky smile forming on her lips. Dottie hugged herself around her waist tightly to try and contain the erratic breaths that pushed her ribs inwards and outwards.

It was a pipe dream that could never come true in their current situation. But perhaps a secluded mansion by the sea would have to be the next best thing.

The brunette stood up and stacked up the dishes. She knew that she'd need Eli in order to relieve herself that night.

She felt guilty doing this with Eli but told herself the excuse that it was only so she could be better for (Y/n)!

Something in Dottie's sparkling violet eyes had changed, it was impossible to tell if they were shining even brighter or if they'd significantly darkened with lovesick obsession.

Owen kicked at the ground as he walked back outside to the beach. (Y/n) hadn't been at lunch and to make matters even worse it was food that he had made.

He's worked as a line cook for several years and he was hoping to show off his talents to (Y/n) but she wasn't even present. Owen told himself to move on as there would be plenty of opportunities to cook for her in their current situation.

Along the beach he picked up various stones that had washed up and were ideal for skimming along the water, but not for him to throw out to sea, Owen intended to save them for the next time (Y/n) wanted to skim rocks with him.

He wasn't sure quite what had him so drawn to (Y/n), it was just a little something hidden deep in her (e/c) eyes that felt like she was meant for him. Something in the way she moved and acted that made Owen's heart scream to make her his.

It was clear that he wasn't the only one with their eye on (Y/n), Dottie was anything but subtle. But Owen was sure that (Y/n) would choose him, she belonged to him so it would only make sense.