XCI- desperation

day 86

Hana stared at the message in slight disbelief- despair and excitement filled her. Anyone could see that she was the obvious choice but Hana wasn't so presumptuous to assume that (Y/n) would pick her just like that and that everyone else won't have something to say about it.

She left her room and as she marched down the corridor her name was barked out. Hana turned and saw Tim approaching her.

"Did you get the message?" He asked, he seemed fidgety and on edge.

Hana could guess what he was talking about instantly. "Yes."

"The one with the boat? And day one hundred and-"

"Yes. I read it." She said. "What do you need?"

"Nothing!" Tim replied defensively. "I was just making sure you weren't going to (Y/n), she has enough to think about already."

Hana rolled her eyes. "I'm going downstairs to start on lunch." She turned and continued walking down the hallway.

Tim watched Hana go anxiously, she was the biggest competition. All her talk of independence and freedom could quite easily appeal to (Y/n) and while Tim could easily just lie about all this stuff he wasn't keen on making promises to (Y/n) that he couldn't keep.

"You know she's gonna pick me, right?" He called out after her.

Hana stopped in her tracks but neglected to face him. "Sorry?"

"You may as well just give up. (Y/n) is going to bring me off the island with her."

She turned abruptly and walked back over to Tim, a shadow cast over her face. "What makes you so confident of that?"

He shrugged. "I'm only warning you."

Her eyes trailed him up and down. "Keep deluding yourself."

"It's not delusion." He spat.

"What would make her pick you above me... Or above anyone else for that matter?"

Tim's fists clenched in anger, even through his frustration he could see where Hana was coming from. His role in leadership may have made him less likable than he needed to be in this scenario. The only thing that got him through his school years was the fact that in real life logic would prevail and everything wasn't down to some stupid popularity contest- Tim was of the belief that he could use that here.

"You don't need to know." He didn't have a plan as of yet but one was in the works, for now he just needed to make everyone else feel insecure of their position in (Y/n)'s heart.

It came as no surprise to (Y/n) that the first person to coming dashing into her room after the message was Dottie. She was still feeling pretty tense upon Dottie's arrival.

"Y-you saw it, right?" Dottie clarified as she went straight over to (Y/n) and grabbed her shoulders.

(Y/n) gave a positive response and Dottie sighed out, some of her dark hair fell over her face.