XXXIX- very very normal

day 27

Owen was by far the most excited in the group about the plans to come. The way Tim spoke about it made it seem that this was going to be hard and unpleasant but everything sounded absolutely wonderful to Owen.

He'd get to claim (Y/n) as his own and have the time of his life doing it. He longed for the day when he could shower (Y/n) with affection and loving kisses.

Owen wanted all of them dead. Every single person on the island who wasn't himself and (Y/n). He didn't care much for the game that was going on, as long as he got (Y/n) then he'd be happy. He'd maybe even prefer it if they were never released, no one would ever touch her or see her again.

But being confined to the island for the rest of their lives would also lead to some negative feelings and Owen wouldn't want to miss out on his favorite activity.

The Valentines were a very very normal middle class family. They consisted of Norman, Meave and their five year old son Owen.

He, just like his parents, was very very normal. He was nice enough but was by no means a saint, he did well in school but wasn't a scholar. Decently good at sports... Decently good at everything but never acing it.

Or at least people thought he was normal. It was like a game to him, pretend that he thought and felt like everyone else. It was a game Owen always won.

He figured out he wasn't normal when he almost killed another child that took his toy. It took Owen a while to figure out that stealing something wasn't deemed an offence worthy of brutal murder.

He didn't like being so possessive but he couldn't help it. If something belonged to him then it was his alone, and if someone stole from him then they should be prepared to face the consequences.

When his family home got infested with a small group of mice that was eating some of their food, Owen was more than happy to go behind his parents' back and sort out the problem.

He was never one to be merciful, always prolonging the death as much as possible.

Owen would hold the mouse tightly in his hand as it squeaked and squirmed. He used a pair of scissors to cut the mice in various places, his brown eyes widening as blood oozed out of the incisions he made.

His heart would always beat so fast, it was like being on a rollercoaster. He fucking loved it. He lived for the moment life would leave them.

It was almost addictive.

The movement would cease and they'd suddenly feel heavier than when they were alive. Owen would sigh out and put the little corpse in a shoe box with other small rodents he'd killed.

His heart finally felt justice since the thief had been done in.

Owen would fill up several shoe boxes over the years that he'd keep hidden in the back of his closet so he didn't make his whole room smell.

Meave sobbed as she received the results from the mental health specialist they'd taken Owen to.

They'd found the boxes, years and years worth of dead animals piled on top of one another. It was horrific, a mix of wet and dried blood lined the inside of the boxes. It was mostly mice, rats and other small rodents. Even their neighbor's hamster that had gone missing a few weeks prior to the discovery.