LXVIII- soulmates

day 64

This weekly meeting was far more solemn than any one before. It marked the week that had passed since (Y/n) last gave any of them any respect.

They'd unpacked the delivery and were now sitting around the living room waiting for Tim to commence the meeting.

"Well, um..." It was unusual for Tim to find himself struggling for words but the situation they found themselves in was about as unusual as it gets. "We've all had a tough week but I'm sure things will start looking up soon." He said hopefully.

Dottie shifted uncomfortably and then raised her hand. "I have something I need to say."

The rest of the group turned to her and Tim was actually thankful for once to have the attention off of him.

"I think we need to ditch the chair if we want to get anywhere with (Y/n)... It's not like she can leave the house anyway." Dottie rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly and gave the group a sideways smile. "She might open up a bit more if we give her more freedom."

Tim thought about Dottie's suggestion, locking her in was at first a form of containment while everything was hectic but it became an exercise of power. Tim could now admit that that exercise of power was unnecessary around everything else that happened in the past week. "Any objections?"

The silence that hung around the room was answer enough for Tim.

"That settles it, (Y/n) will be given free reign of the house. I don't doubt that everyone will still see her regularly. All meals should be taken as a group activity so we can ensure she is eating enough." He stated conclusively.

Dottie smiled in satisfaction at finally getting her way. She couldn't wait to boast to (Y/n) about how it was her idea to have her set free. Of course she did genuinely believe in what she was saying but being in (Y/n)'s favor was just an added bonus.

"I think that's all for now but-"

A series of sighs erupted when the bell sounded. Everyone was tired of the Gamemaster's intervention whether it was good or bad.

You all seem to be enjoying the game far less now... What a pity. Since only six players remain now I suppose I could find the time to speak to you all individually. I like to know the headspace of my players.

Tomorrow. Make yourselves ready.

"Speak to us? Is he coming here?" Owen voiced.

"No, you idiot, he's obviously going to do it through the stupid screens." Eli rolled his eyes.

"He said six... That means he's talking to (Y/n) too!" Dottie gasped out.

"It's not like there's anything he could tell her to make her hate us anymore." Tim added bitterly.

Hana knew that wasn't necessarily true. She couldn't be too sure of (Y/n)'s reaction to Bella still being alive. Hana knew she was already at odds with (Y/n) because of what happened yesterday.

She didn't regret what she did, she was only disciplining (Y/n) as June did to her. It worked for Hana! She loved her mother and obeyed her... But maybe (Y/n) couldn't comprehend the deep adoration that Hana's actions came from, she wasn't raised on these ideals like Hana was after all.