LXXVII- accompanied

day 71

She wasn't sure quite why but (Y/n) knew something bad was going to happen. Some sixth sense was teasing her mind and told (Y/n) that her life was going to be made all the more difficult.

Maybe it was just the new revelation that Bella was alive. While (Y/n) was obviously happy that Bella hadn't died it was hard to switch out all that mourning now for worrying. Especially when she couldn't see Hana who was the only other person who knew about Bella's condition... Not counting the Gamemaster.

That also worried (Y/n) and set her on edge. Maybe in another world she could feel safety with the knowledge that she had five individuals totally devoted to her. But not here when she knew that the Gamemaster could do away with any good she had in her life. He'd done it before.

She was standing on the beach holding a towel. Tim thought it was a good idea to have another beach day. (Y/n) was actually more pleased about this one than the last since she could now actually stomach going into the water but she did feel bad for Hana being holed up inside not allowed to see her.

"Are you gonna go in?" Owen asked her.

(Y/n) made a vague hand gesture. "Uh... Maybe, I still want to try and get over it all but..."

"It's hard, don't push yourself." He said with a smile.

That wasn't what (Y/n) was going to say. She wanted to say that it was hard to think about going in there since her friend was killed in that ocean and also the person who helped her begin to overcome her fear was quite literally the person who killed that friend.

But she just allowed Owen to believe whatever he wanted.

"Do you want to skim some rocks?"

She shook her head and laid her towel on the ground, intending to just shut her eyes and lay out in the heat.

"Have you put on sun block?" He asked.

"Yes." (Y/n) had done it quickly during her time in the bathroom since she knew that any one of them would jump at the opportunity to apply it for her, she was actually pretty proud of herself for keeping one step ahead.

She lay down on the towel and sighed. Owen glanced down at her happily, she wasn't as receptive as he would like but she was getting better. Once she was over all this silly death stuff then she'd definitely be more open to his advances.

"I'm gonna go in the water once Eli gets over here to watch you." He told her.

(Y/n) hummed in recognition of what he'd said. She shut her eyes and tried to tune out the slight conversation she could hear and focus on the sound of the calm waves to lull her to sleep. Maybe if she slept this horrible feeling would go away.

The feeling told her that there was doom and destruction in her near future. It was... Scary but the only person who was alive that she could talk to this about was locked in a basement and her hopes of seeing Bella depended on Hana who she wasn't going to see for a further five days.

It was the type of intuition the made her head spin and tied her stomach in knots. It was consuming and busied her mind with whatever it could be.