LXVI- united

day 63

Sleep had been impossible last night. (Y/n) may have recovered from whatever drug the Gamemaster had given her but she felt worse, she felt so much worse.

Every moment was like reliving it all again, she kept on finding partially dried blood on herself, under her nails, clumps in her hair. (Y/n) didn't hate it though, it was part of Max and maybe the last part of him that she'd get to see or touch.

She was so exhausted from non stop crying yet she couldn't sleep. (Y/n) would close her eyes and see Max, she may not have seen him after she made the first incision and part of her wished that she did. She damned herself for not being able to keep her eyes open because she now would never see him again.

God, it was tough to accept he was gone. Angelo, then Bella, and now Max were all gone.

(Y/n) didn't move when she heard the door opening, why should she? She didn't care who it was, she despised all of them. They all made her trust them and then abused that trust to its limits.

"I've got you some food... I know you must be feeling very emotional." Tim's voice was soft and warm, once upon a time (Y/n) would've been happy to hear it but now she knew just how plastic and hollow it really was.

She stayed quiet, neglecting to say anything or even move in response to him.

(Y/n) heard him sigh and then sit down on the end of her bed. "Would you like to talk about how you're feeling?" Tim asked and got nothing in return once more. "Would you like to act like I exist?" He added.

She kept true to her silence and stillness, (Y/n) imagined it was just the other day and she was laying in bed right next to Max. He was struggling and he was miserable but he was alive. He knew he was going to die and he was trying to help her. (Y/n) hated the fact that her own cowardice forced Max to be brave when he was the one suffering. She should have been there for him, not the other way around. That was how (Y/n) saw it anyway.

"I know you're awake, my kitten."

"..."

"You have every right to be upset but... You must have known that acting out like that wasn't going to end well for Max." (Y/n) winced at the words but he just kept going. "You knew his life was in your hands, you cannot blame us for this." Tim placed the tray of food on the floor and huffed. "You can't attack one of us and expect nothing to happen..."

"You can't treat me like this and expect me to be okay with it." (Y/n) fired back quietly.

"There she is." Tim stated with satisfaction in his tone at getting (Y/n) to reply.

She pressed her face into her pillow to signify that just because he'd gotten her to talk once didn't mean she was about to converse with him.

"I'm happy to listen to you-"

"I don't think you want to hear what I have to say." (Y/n) rolled over and sat up, going back in her initial idea to ignore him. "I think you should leave."

Tim's heart shattered a bit when she sat up, it was only then the he really saw her face, he hated seeing her cry and any evidence of her doing so made it so much worse becuase he wasn't there to comfort her.