ARC 3 - Chapter 3.0

Seeing the charred and blackened cars in flames, Zou Chen only felt a stinging pain in his eyes, and the warm liquid was about to gush out immediately.

Liar! Liar! What did you say about waiting for him?

He was about to lunge at the blaze with his red eyes wide open but was held back forcefully by the bodyguard who arrived in time.

The crowd was chattering, and the bodyguards were constantly talking in his ear, but Zou Chen couldn't hear anything. He only knew that his boy, the boy he loved, was still inside.

It was not easy for him to gain a new life, but now, his heart was pulled out of his body, causing him to curl up in pain.

Just as Zou Chen was on the verge of going mad, he heard someone call out to him.

"Zou Chen."

The voice was like a clear spring, familiar, making Zou Chen want to shed tears. He turned his head to look with a head of disheveled hair. Qing Yun was standing behind him with a white shirt, and the jacket he had picked out for this morning hung at the crook of his arm.

He was fine.

Zou Chen broke away from the bodyguards behind him and walked over. He stretched out his hand and slowly touched the young man's warm cheek with a gentle movement as if he was afraid of shattering a dream.

"You're fine. You're okay, right?" Zou Chen asked softly, and when he saw the person in front of him nod, he pounced on him fiercely and wrapped him tightly in his arms.

He cupped Qing Yun's face and kissed him deeply. It even left bruises on Qing Yun's cheeks, but it seemed that this was the only way for Zou Chen to feel the pain in his chest dissipate a bit.

"Idiot, I said I'd wait for you." Qing Yun stroked Zou Chen's back, speaking as if he hadn't moved away.

The bodyguard behind came over and reported to Zou Chen, "President, the one who drove up was Xiao Chengzhe."

Upon hearing that, Zou Chen withdrew his body slightly, but his hands were still clamping down on Qing Yun's shoulders.

His face was gloomy, and his voice obscure, "Didn't you say there was no danger!"

"I shouldn't have let you work it out on your own. You're not allowed to interfere in Xiao's affairs from now on!"

"I'm fine, aren't I?" Qing Yun raised his chin at him and moved his foot as if he had kicked something. He looked down and saw a bag full of pink boxes.

Did this guy empty the stock of someone's convenience store?

Zou Chen's eyes were as dark as ink, and he couldn't see any light at all. He took Qing Yun tightly into his arms, followed his line of sight to the bags on the ground, and said, "These, none of them can be wasted."

Qing Yun was startled, feeling something terrible...

The Zou Consortium and Ruixin Pharmaceuticals have started their collaborative project, and the world was looking forward to the results of this collaboration.

Although the results have yet to come out, the mystery of Ruixin Pharmaceuticals has been lifted a little. Various aspects of the enterprise have been slowly revealed, such as Zhao Bowen, who has a high status in the academic world among the research team, and then the president of Ruixin Pharmaceuticals, Xiao Chengnuo.

Xiao Chengnuo's name was not unfamiliar, as Xiao's Pharmaceuticals was also a slightly famous company. But the strange thing was that Zhao Bowen, who was frequently poached by major research institutes and other companies, not only stayed at Ruixin Pharmaceuticals with all his heart but also repeatedly talked about Xiao Chengnuo in his speech. He had more than a little admiration for him and even mistakenly referred to him as a teacher a few times.