ARC 6 - Chapter 6.7

When he reached the end of the spiral staircase, his fingers suddenly felt empty, and a feeling of disappointment even rose in Yoder. He helped Feng Fei Ming walk inside the room while twiddling his fingers distractedly.

This was the pure childish emotion that people with heavy hearts like Yoder wanted and expected the most.

Yoder looked at Feng Fei Ming with a complicated gaze, who was oblivious to the love poem on the armrest. He was unaware that his gaze was actually mixed with a bit of jealousy.

He opened his mouth, thinking that to have the entire handrail neatly engraved with letters, the young man must have prepared for a long time. So, it seemed that he should notify Feng Fei Ming, who was not aware of this.

But for some reason, Yoder didn’t end up saying anything about it.

He helped Feng Fei Ming sit on the bed, and even though he entered his beloved’s bedroom, Yoder’s heart unexpectedly could not raise any thoughts.

He even turned his head to avoid Feng Fei Ming’s gaze and casually chatted with Feng Fei Ming: “You are now in a difficult situation, but if you get……”

“Fei Ming!” The door of the room opened, and the brown-haired teenager barged in. Behind him was the cold-faced butler.

Feng Fei Ming did not even notice that the moment Shen Mingye barged in, he moved his body back, pulling a distance between himself and Yoder.

Yoder also did not notice Feng Fei Ming’s movements because he also focused on the youth. Looking at the eyes that only reflected Feng Fei Ming’s figure, a slight bitterness somehow emerged from him.

There is a marriage contract between him and Shen Mingye, isn’t there? This thought somehow popped up in Yoder’s mind again, bringing him not the usual disgust but some lingering helpless emotions.

But……Shen Mingye has never acknowledged their marriage contract. Now, he has even made a formal statement to invalidate their marriage contract.

Yoder, who was originally happy because of the marriage contract’s dissolution, is now full of bitterness.

Looking at the two people’s eyes suddenly both on himself, the teenager seems to finally realize the rudeness of his actions. Embarrassed, he lowered his head and said to Feng Fei Ming: “I watched Mr. Yoder help you in, so I was worried about what happened to you……”

“It’s fine. I’m just a little tired.” Feng Fei Ming beckoned towards Shen Mingye, signaling him to come over. Yoder’s concern brought Feng Fei Ming the joy of conquering a strong man, while the youth’s sincerity brought Feng Fei Ming a heart full of warmth and flattery.

Yoder nodded towards the young man in a complicated mood and then continued his conversation with Feng Fei Ming. “If you get the Patterson family’s head token, it should be easy to calm down the turmoil within the family.”

As soon as Yoder’s words came out, Feng Fei Ming’s eyes flashed a dark look.

How could he not want to get his hands on the family head token? The turmoil of the past few days had long made this thought run wild in Feng Fei Ming’s heart. But he still didn’t mention it to Shen Mingye because with Feng Fei Ming’s cautiousness, he would rather find out the information and get the token himself than let Shen Mingye, who might be on his opposite side, know his thoughts and take action.

In addition, Feng Fei Ming had not yet noticed another worry in his heart. In case he directly asked Shen Mingye for it, would the youth be angry and disappointed when he knew of his desire to completely control the Patterson family?