ARC 7 TYRANT - Chapter 7.1

Yan Sa seemingly rightfully ascended to the throne, but as long as the ministers have brains, they could see what he has done. All of them scoffed at him, and some even had the courage to directly return to their hometowns.

After ascending the throne, Yan Sa was not cleared of his depression even though he finally sat on the throne. He lived in fear of being seized by the Third Prince, fearing that others might doubt his ascension to the throne.

Yan Sa was calculated on by the Third Prince, so the Emperor and even the ministers thought he was dark and narrow-minded. But the saddest thing was that he himself could not withstand the torture of gossip. In opposition to the protagonist, he really went to the abyss one step at a time.

In the court, he was not used to the minister’s resistance to him. He used thunderous means to directly behead several high and powerful ministers, causing turmoil within the court. Yan Sa then acquired the reputation of a tyrant.

At the same time, the Third Prince Yan Lan got not only the holy decree but also the support of General Qi Yue of the Northern Region. Qi Yue deployed part of the Northern Army to personally escort the Third Prince back to the capital to ascend the throne.

In contrast to Yan Sa, Yan Lan became more sophisticated and more outstanding. He almost immediately captured the hearts of the people and even the support of several ministers. With the holy decree in hand, he soon revealed the truth about Yan Sa’s usurpation of the throne. With the support of the ministers, he defeated Yan Sa and ascended the throne successfully.

Yan Sa played the role of a negative foil. During his short reign, the southern part of the country was flooded, the northern part was drought-stricken, and the people were complaining.

As soon as Yan Lan ascended to the throne, it immediately rained heavily in the north, making people more likely to call Yan Lan the Son of Destiny. The usurper Yan Sa then became one of the few tyrants in history, leaving a legacy of infamy.

Now, Qing Yun happens to be reborn when Emperor Hongming’s great end was approaching. After nearly two years of operation, Yan Sa has also taken control of most of the power in the palace.

He lowered his eyes and surveyed his weak and broken body. His body’s problems were not difficult for him as his soul had now started to repair this body which was nearing the end.

But was Yan Sa’s difficulty because of this body? Not really. It was not difficult for him to sit on the throne, but it was not easy to sit firmly. The Third Prince, who has the holy decree in his hand, is only one of the reasons. The more significant reason is Yan Sa’s reputation in the court and among the people.

If Qing Yun, like the original, took advantage of Emperor Hongming’s death to forge a holy decree to ascend to the throne, then it would be a stain that he would never be able to erase from his entire life. As long as the Third Prince lives, Qing Yun will not be able to escape the crisis of being attacked by him through this.

But as the Third Prince is the protagonist of this world, Qing Yun, a foreign force, cannot kill him.

Qing Yun snickered. It was just an ordinary throne, and he wasn’t as desperate as the original owner to fight for and grab it.

This time, the original body’s experience is similar to Qing Yun’s, whose body was weak and sick and was not looked upon by anyone. Qing Yun knows more that in this situation, even if he desperately grabbed the throne and stepped up to the top, what will greet him is the criticism and ridicule of others, which brought the possibility for the Third Prince to turn the situation over.

Therefore, if Qing Yun wants to complete the task completely without worries, he must sit upright on the throne. Not only that, Qing Yun wants to make Emperor Hongming, who does not think highly of him, and to make the group of ministers who denounced him, beg him to sit on this throne.