ARC 8 - Chapter 8.12

What Qing Yun had decided could only be his, and absolutely no one else’s name was allowed to be attached to it.

But in this kind of situation that made him angry, that stupid dragon is still not here?

Qing Yun felt even angrier in his heart. If not for his belief in his family’s fool, he might have thought that the man had suddenly left him to meet this messy princess.

Lydia was speechless by the question. How could she know whether the dragon had appeared? She only smiled and pretended she knew when that man named Aino mentioned the dragon roar in the border city.

All this way, she kept emphasizing that she could communicate with the dragon, but only because she knew that the dragon was not in the mountains. This is because she met an adventurer on the road who had just returned from the Morris Mountains. That adventurer died after telling her the truth about the dragon’s absence.

This is why Lydia deduced that the dragon had given up on Studian and why she dared to shake things up with the dragon’s name. When someone questioned her, she was certain that the dragon was no longer there. She made it look like she knew the dragon’s whereabouts, so she got everyone’s trust.

After arriving at the elven forest, some elves went over to check and completely confirmed her lie.

Lydia did not speak, but other elves retorted for her: “The princess is kind and keeps a compassionate heart even for the demons, so of course she will not let the dragon kill the demons!”

Once these words came out, it made the mercenaries around Qing Yun snicker and show their killing intent.

The demons attacked their territory and killed their relatives. Women and children are not spared in the hands of the demons. They even captured humans alive to do abominable dark magic, but now say that the princess has goodwill towards the demons?

Even after hearing about the dragon, these mercenaries did not put down the weapons in their hands. In their hearts, the dragon is no longer the most important. They already have their own courage and strength, rather than relying on the dragon as before.

“There is no point in arguing about this.” Lancer slowly walked forward, and his eyes swept over Qing Yun’s side of the people. He frowned and asked, “Where is Hughes?”

Saying that, he looked at Qing Yun, “Are you afraid that Hughes will reveal your identity, so you killed him?”

“Nonsense!” Serodi gave a stern and took out Hughes’ relic, “Hughes died in the war to save the princess. But, even before he died, his face was full of glory!”

Lancer was stunned. He saw that the expressions of Serodi and the others did not seem to be fake, and only then did he look solemnly at Joyce, who was dressed as a woman but had no sense of contradiction.

Whether Hughes willingly died in battle for him, or he was able to kill Hughes unnoticed and convince so many people, it means that this teenager’s ability has exceeded his imagination.

Lancer’s expression finally became grave as he looked at Qing Yun and sternly shouted, “Joyce, quickly admit your identity and kneel to pray for Princess Lydia’s forgiveness.”

“Oh? What if I don’t?” Qing Yun smiled sarcastically. When he was forced to pretend to be a princess, this Grand Mage had used almost every way to brainwash him, and now sensing his threat, he was forcing him to admit his identity?