ARC 3 - Chapter 3.4

Soundproof walls weren’t supposed to let sound through, but Chris’s hearing was too good, and Jorah’s voice had a naturally otherworldly penetrating quality to it.

That’s why the soft humming was clear in Chris’ ears.

Although the young man’s voice was not steady due to pain, it still reminded Chris of his childhood. The golden wheat waves of the manor, the clear blue sky, and the crisp chirping of the birds in the morning.

He couldn’t help but stop and lean in for a better listen.

Apollon had planted a monitor on Chris, but Chris had been prepared for it. He carried a machine that could block the monitor, but there was a limit to the number of times he could use it.

He never thought he’d use his precious blocking time in a situation like this.

Chris leaned against the wall and listened quietly, his nerves slowly relaxing.

Ever since the Federation issued the order to pretend to be the enemy, Chris has not hesitated to follow the military orders step by step. Even when stepping over the corpses of his comrades and even when facing the loathing and hatred of the people who once supported him.

He walked alone in the dark, aiming to bring light to others.

Chris thought he would never get tired.

But now he knows that he was completely wrong.

Under the ethereal sound of the song, Chris actually took a nap for a few minutes, resting peacefully and relaxed.

Suddenly, the singing stopped.

Chris immediately woke up. There was a trace of confusion in his silver eyes. The light that flashed through them was like an incredibly sharp saber(sword).

He listened for a moment, and all he could hear was the sound of shallow breathing.

Did he fall asleep?

Chris hesitated for a moment and opened the door to the interrogation room.

In the darkness, the teenager hanging from the gallows was sleeping soundly.

Chris subconsciously slowed down his pace. With such an injury, any second of sleep was precious to the teenager, and he didn’t want to disturb it at all.

Qing Yun didn’t expect Chris to come in. He had proven during the day that he could keep going. Did this cold guy want to finish him off?

Quietly raising his guard, Qing Yun paid close attention to Chris’s movements.

After standing in front of Qing Yun for a while, unexpectedly, Chris reached out and put him down.

Chris undid the restraints on the young man and held him in his arms. Maybe it was because he was too tired during the day that even with this action, the teenager was not awakened.

Sitting down slowly against the wall with the youth in his arms like this, Chris looked at the bruise marks on Jorah’s hand and pursed his lips.

Worse wounds than this had spread all over the boy’s body.

Chris took out the healing device he had with him and placed it on a few of the larger injuries on the boy’s body. Luckily, the healing device worked from the inside out. Otherwise, he really wouldn’t have been able to help the youth.

Qing Yun was shocked. What was this man doing?

Helping him? Hehe, this healing device is not as useful as extracting his own soul energy, okay?