ARC 8 - Chapter 8.6

“Joyce?” Even though the girl’s kick was completely painless to him, Morris still moved his body back despite not wanting to leave his treasure for a single moment.

Qing Yun’s cheeks turned red. He met the man’s eyes glued to his body, and then looked down at his chest “artifact”, and became angrier: “Lower your head, do not look at me!”

Hearing the young girl’s willful and unexplained anger, the apprehension in Morris’ heart had not yet dissipated, and a wave of crying and laughter surfaced. He reached out and touched the girl’s arm, but then, he saw his Joyce jumped back a step as if she had been burned.

Qing Yun then glared at him, “Don’t touch me!”

The young girl pursed her red lips, which he had just sucked, and just wouldn’t let him get close.

Morris’ heart sank. Did he scare her? Damn! He forgot that with human practices, she shouldn’t be used to such fast progress?

Qing Yun took a deep breath to bring down the heat on his face and ordered with a sideways glance, “Send me back to the city lord’s residence.”

After speaking, he looked at the man’s desire to approach and added with wide eyes, “Not you!”

Morris’ outstretched hand froze, and he had to arrange the butler with a stern face to prepare a carriage to go to the city lord’s residence.

Qing Yun’s tense expression relaxed only when he sat in the quiet carriage. He finally couldn’t help covering his face with a sigh in the carriage alone. Then, he shrank to bury his face and the entire upper body in the wide skirt, leaving only the tips of his reddened ears.

Qing Yun gritted his teeth and cursed that man many times.

The man followed him like this and looked at him in this state? Ah ahhhh, the man really reacted to his damn appearance?

It’s unbearable! He deserves to be suffocated!

Morris silently followed behind the speeding carriage. Seeing that the young girl faced such a dangerous situation today, of course, he did not feel at ease Joyce alone back to the city lord’s residence. To be precise, he could not even take his eyes off Joyce for a second!

She should live under his wing and let him guard her well.

Not to mention how much of a commotion the princess caused when she returned to the city lord’s residence, Morris spent every moment in torment after being away from Joyce.

Every day, he would quietly sneak into the city lord’s house to sneak a peek at how the young girl was doing.

Morris also visited the city lord’s residence in the name of Count Olsen. Still, the results made him even more uncomfortable. Because the girl was obviously avoiding him and is not willing to see him.

Last time, he seemed to have really scared the girl.

In just two days, Morris, who had been indifferent to all sorts of things, became agitated, and he even wanted to simply put the nest next to the young girl.

The Grand Mage Lancer, who has been “missed” by Qing Yun, has embarked on a journey to find Princess Lydia, while the runaway Princess Lydia has almost reached the elven forest with the help of one kind-hearted person.