ARC 7 - Chapter 7.17

The following day, Qing Yun lifted his heavy eyelids and sat up, holding his aching waist.

Glancing at the silent incense burner in the room, Qing Yun could not help but pinch the bridge of his nose. That Zhang Luoyan did not know what to burn. Although the power of the drug is not strong, it is lingering, and even he could not stand it.

The person beside him, Qi Yue, noticed his movements and fumbled to hold his warm body while half asleep. The corners of his mouth pulled out a happy smile, and he was just about to wake up when he felt a heavy blow on the back of his neck, and he fell into a deep sleep.

The smile at the corners of the man’s mouth has not dissipated, and Qing Yun felt angry.

Last night, this man was simply using the power of the drug to do whatever he wanted. He was just casually teasing Qi Yue by mentioning the “Grand Prince” as usual, but the result was that this man had to force him to personally promise to guard against the Grand Prince in the future before he could stop.

Thinking of last night’s rare display of softness, the veins on Qing Yun’s head throbbed. He raised his hand towards the man’s dog face and slapped it. Then he felt uncomfortable and kicked the man to the ground.

The man’s good behavior in the past few days almost made him forget that he and Qi Yue’s competition has not yet ended. I wonder who this foolish person will support to the throne after abandoning the Third Prince.

His eyes stained with shame and anger looked at the man on the ground. Then, Qing Yun quickly dressed and washed. The maid who came to serve him saw the unkempt General Qi lying on the ground. Even though her eyes were about to burst out, she did not dare to make a sound.

When Qing Yun finished washing up, a guard’s knock sounded outside the door: “Gongzi, the carriage is ready. When will you return to the capital?”

“I will leave now. Remember not to disturb the people in the city.”

Qing Yun left in a simple carriage, as he had done when he arrived.

It was not yet dawn. Qing Yun thought that no one would appear in the city, but once he came out of the Governor’s residence, he found that the whole Xiangzhou city was brightly lit up. People were standing in front of every house, and once they saw his carriage, they knelt in unison to send him off: “Greetings to the Grand Prince, the Grand Prince will be safe and sound and will be well for the rest of his life!”

The people of Xiangzhou all knelt with sincerity. The people of Xiangzhou, who had just passed the great disaster, could not get anything to give to the Grand Prince, so they could only show their feelings with such a courtesy.

The road leading out of the city is long, and the roadside is full of people, from old women over 80 years old to children under five years old, all sincerely wishing Qing Yun well.

They were aware that the Grand Prince had stayed in Xiangzhou for such a long time, which was a great favor to them, and did not dare to keep him greedily, but only left him the purest blessings.

Even Qing Yun was shaken by what he saw and heard along the way. He had been spat upon and abused by millions of people and also worshipped by crazy fans, but this was the first time he really witnessed these simple people who were suffering so much, thanking him and blessing him so carefully and sincerely, just because he did his part.