ARC 6 - Chapter 6.13

“My eldest uncle came to me before and said that he would support me as long as I wanted to be the heir and take power from you. But I refused because I know you want the Patterson family, so I wanted to give it to you. As long as I have it, I could give it to you.”

Saying this, the young man took a deep breath to prevent the trembling in his voice.

Feng Fei Ming’s pupils shrank. What distressed him most at first was Shen Mingye’s eldest uncle, but then somehow, the resistance of that side of the family suddenly weakened.

He initially thought it was his own operation that worked, but now, he was told that it was actually Shen Mingye who appeased his eldest uncle?

No…..this can’t be. It’s all a lie……

Feng Fei Ming could not believe the youth’s words because it would be a skyrocketing shock to himself if he believed it.

“Before, you were troubled because of the things in the family, and Mr. Yoder said to just take out the family head token. I was really scared when I heard that because I seemed to have lost it, and I was afraid I would get you into trouble. But fortunately, I finally found it. I was afraid that you would reject it, so I hid it from you and went to earn enough to break the contract and get the family head token myself. I wanted to give it to you as your birthday present in three days……”

Looking at the young man with pale lips, Feng Fei Ming felt a chill in his palm. Forgot? Did he just forget about that? It was not that the youth did not want to give it to him, and he was not secretly plotting to seize power?

And these past few days, was this the reason for his unusual behavior? Feng Fei Ming only felt his brain buzzing, and his heart swirling with emotions almost made him lose the ability to think.

The truth was suddenly smashed at Feng Fei Ming. It suddenly occurred to him that if the young man was really deceiving him from beginning to end, then why was the emotion in his eyes so sincere while the action of concealing the token from him afterward was flawed?

So the……wrong one……was him all along? Was he the one who cut off the budding feelings in his heart?

“There’s no other reason for doing this than because I like you, so I want to give you whatever I can……”

At this point, the youth’s voice finally trembled: “You were so good to me. I always thought you liked me just as much as I do…. because of my engagement……”

No……he wanted to explain that he was fond of the young man. He watched the youth perform the tea art for him and watched him smile at him with wholehearted trust. He was actually moved!

Although Feng Fei Ming opened his mouth, he could not make any sound. Because how could his hypocritical fondness be worth saying?

“I didn’t expect that you didn’t like me at all. When I was preparing your birthday gift……”

“You were thinking about how to……kill me……”

These words completely uncovered Feng Fei Ming’s shame so that he himself can clearly see his own selfishness and cruelty. Yes……the young man was right. He was full of joy preparing his birthday present for him while he was on his way setting up his men to kill him!

Thinking of this, Feng Fei Ming suddenly felt that his breathing was even painful. Fortunately……fortunately……he had not yet done it.

“It seems that you do not need the gift I prepared.” The young man let go of his hand and let the precious box in his hand roll down to the floor.