ARC 7 - Chapter 7.12

“Long time no see?” Qing Yun’s eyes playfully scanned over the man in front of him. He leisurely sat down, took a sip of tea, and gave him a sideways glance with his eyebrows slightly raised, “I wonder when you and I have met?”

Hearing Qing Yun’s words, the expression on Qi Yue’s face collapsed at a speed visible to the naked eye. He opened his mouth to explain, but this time his brain also slightly sobered up, so he did not directly name his identity.

The military commander saw that there was still a remedy for the matter and immediately settled the bill and pulled Qi Yue away.

Looking at the back of Qi Yue and others who left in a hurry, Qing Yun held a cup to block the smile at the corner of his mouth. He would like to expose the man’s identity and arrest him for a good time in prison, but he also knows that Qi Yue holds the Northern army. If something happens to Qi Yue, the Northern army will definitely fight to protect the master. In that case, it would be bad to cause unnecessary disturbances.

In addition, he rushed to Xiangzhou to treat the problem and had no time to play with this man.

Qi Yue returned to the camp, and the military commander surrounded him with painstaking persuasion, almost to his knees: “My General, you should not let your feelings run wild. In case those guards recognize you and me today……”

“So what if we are recognized? Or do you really think that Xiang Feng did not recognize us?” Qi Yue glanced at him and walked to the table to sit down.

After leaving Qing Yun’s presence, he was still the same majestic and cautious Northern General. He knew in his heart that by looking at the youth’s expression, he had definitely guessed their identities. However, he did not expose them. Instead, he smiled and made that kind of performance.

Thinking about the young man’s incomparably soulful eyes, Qi Yue’s face couldn’t help but flush with a smile.

“No……wait……” the military commander is a little confused. He was puzzled as he looked at the General, “General, you said he had recognized us, so why not immediately arrest us?”

“We did not deliberately disguise ourselves. From our bodies and faces, it was obvious that we were not ordinary farmers. Also, you walked in a strict formation, making you look like people from the army at a glance. With his intelligence, how could he not see it?” Qi Yue smiled and looked down at the news from the capital scouts in his hand. He then replied to the military commander, “As for why he didn’t arrest us today, it’s because he is different from that Third Prince and doesn’t want to start a war for no reason.”

“Imagine if you and I were arrested. What would the Northern army at the border do if they knew?”

“Then it would definitely be a revolt.” The military commander figured it out in a flash, then shook his head towards Qi Yue, “It’s a pity for such a person to follow that Grand Prince with a bad reputation.”

Qi Yue did not respond to his words and just looked down seriously at the things in his hands. Sure enough, the Imperial army in the Capital did not have any movement. Although the court rumored that the Grand Prince went to Xiangzhou to control the flood, no one saw the scene of the courtiers sending off the Grand Prince in the Capital and only two carriages left from the city.

He raised his hand and threw the paper on the table. Qi Yue’s face was gloomy, and his eyes were unkind. The slight good feeling that rose in his heart because of the rumors that the Grand Prince had gone to Xiangzhou to treat the flooding dissipated.