ARC 5 - Chapter 5.8

Sheng Feng pulled at his hair with a tangled face, but his legs were honest and chased after the person. He had just walked out of the bathroom door when he saw the youth who had initially walked out stepping back in with a confused look on his face. It was as if he really wondered why he hasn’t washed up and walked out instead.

It was the five-year-old him.

Sheng Feng instantly recognized the person. The reaction of his body that had not yet subsided immediately made him even more embarrassed. He knew that Qing Yun was still young and did not understand anything, but still, he bowed his body in distress.

The child looked over with a pure gaze. Still, it was like a bucket of ice water pouring over Sheng Feng, making his body calm down almost immediately.

“Qing……Qing……Xiaoyun.” Sheng Feng stalled, addressing Qing Yun’s two states separately.

“Are you calling me?” The child was surprised for a moment because of Sheng Feng’s sudden change of address, but there was no displeasure in his voice, but instead carried a leap of joy.

“Yes……will call you this way from now on, okay?” Sheng Feng straightened up and touched the top of the child’s hair.

Qing Yun happily accepted the name. He had seen before that other people’s parents would call their children by nicknames, but he had never experienced it before.

Watching the child get into the bathtub, Sheng Feng then covered his mouth and walked out of the bathroom.

The young man earlier came for real. That force almost broke Sheng Feng’s neck, but……even with such a life-threatening situation, Sheng Feng still couldn’t afford to be the least bit wary of Qing Yun.

He walked to the balcony. His eyes in the sunlight depicted the sharp and haughty eyes of the youth. The same appearance brought Sheng Feng a very different feeling. The five-year-old Qing Yun made Sheng Feng love him from the bottom of his heart. However, the adult who had only appeared twice still made Sheng Feng distressed but fascinated by him, making him want to possess and want to……violate.

Sensing the stupid desire in his heart, Sheng Feng raised his hand and slapped himself twice, slapping out the fatal things in his mind.

Sheng Feng could not accept this kind of himself. He was annoyed. If there was someone else who dared to covet Qing Yun, whom he had been protecting with all his heart, he could have smashed that person’s head in!

But it was he who had developed such thoughts.

Although disturbed by this irritable mood, Sheng Feng has not been able to relax these past two days. For one thing, he was busy taking care of Qing Xiaoyun’s three meals a day, and the indifferent Qing Yun would also appear from time to time, catching Sheng Feng off guard. The other thing was that he was preparing to form his own team.

But today, in the middle of his busy schedule, a person that Sheng Feng did not want to see came to his door.

It was Lu Changfeng.

Sheng Feng came to H base initially to take Lu Changfeng away, but now that he was about to depart from H base, the last thing Sheng Feng wanted to bring was Lu Changfeng. He didn’t want anyone on his team who was hostile to Qing Yun, and Lu Changfeng coincidentally stepped on Sheng Feng’s bottom line.

“Brother Feng, when are we leaving?” Lu Changfeng went up to put his arm around Sheng Feng’s shoulders to get closer. Still, Sheng Feng’s cold, hard, and defensive expression made him drop his hand involuntarily.

Sheng Feng’s change of attitude towards him directly made Lu Changfeng’s status in H base drop significantly. Although Lu Changfeng was afraid of the suddenly powerful Qing Yun and did not come to Sheng Feng these days, he had been secretly prying into Sheng Feng’s affairs, so he slowly got to know a little about Qing Yun’s situation.