ARC 4 - Chapter 4.6

As soon as Li Qing came in, he was confronted by the sudden cold wind. He turned his head and blocked his face with his hand, strangely looking at the pale Ning Qianyuan: “What’s wrong with you again? Why are the office windows open so wide?”

“I like it. What’s the matter?” Ning Qianyuan lifted his eyelids and glanced at him coldly. At the same time, without leaving any traces, he moved his body to hide the water stains on his pants. The cold wind behind him made the pain and heat in his lower body recede a little.

Li Qing has gotten used to this kind of “I’m the best in the world” tone of voice. As usual, he cursed a few words in his heart and then talked to him about business. “I came because I found that you just gave someone a like on Weibo. The person in the video you liked just happens to be a newcomer to our company this year. However, compared to the newcomers in the same period, he is not very bright. But seeing that you clicked a Like, the marketing department sent me here to ask if you’re interested in bringing him up and whether they need to add fuel to the fire?”

“What did you say?” Ning Qianyuan was stunned, his eyes burning as he looked at Li Qing, “He’s from our company?”

Li Qing was stared at by him so much that he couldn’t help but take a step back. His attitude towards him was a bit strange. “Yes, he’s from our company. I’ve already transferred his information to your computer.”

Upon hearing that, Ning Qianyuan immediately pulled up the file sent by Li Qing and read it carefully, even ignoring the hidden pain in his lower body.

“Well? I’ve read that the guy is not very impressive early on, but he’s very good-looking. He’s a buildable talent. Should we get him a better contract and another agent along the way?”

To be honest, Li Qing was a bit tempted. After Ning Qianyuan retired, his social influence was obviously still there. Hence, Li Qing helped him with the relevant matters while also bringing other artists in hand. However, those artists made Li Qing feel no sense of challenge, so he wanted to bring up Qing Yun.

He had a hunch that Qing Yun could be popular. In his opinion, Qing Yun was unknown earlier because he set the wrong route. With such a dazzling and aggressive appearance as his, he shouldn’t have taken the course of selling cute and friendly to the people. It would have been easier for people to accept the persona of a proud beauty like this.

The previous soft and gentle image of his face pulled him down instead.

Of course, all of these were excuses. The reason why Li Qing was grasping at straws to sign Qing Yun, and even go so far as to court Ning Qianyuan’s side tactfully, was because……he was a Face Control
1

Ning Qianyuan, who had worked with Li Qing for many years, didn’t understand this man’s nature. He immediately looked over and asked in a cold voice, “What do you want to do?”

The hidden threat in his words was not hidden.

“……” Li Qing was speechless, “Can you not say it as if I’m going to sleep with him?”

Not sure if he was poked by Li Qing’s words, but Ning Qianyuan’s face immediately went cold. He gritted his teeth and looked at Li Qing fiercely, like a puppy protecting his food: “You dare try to touch him!”

“……”

Mother, I can’t talk to you, you little bastard.

“So, what exactly did you mean by that like you just gave?” Li Qing decisively uncovered the subject, but he obviously didn’t give up and turned to sit on the couch in his office to try to grind it out.