ARC 10 - Chapter 10.4

Andrea’s face remained unchanged. After bowing and straightening up, he walked straight to Phil’s side and sat down. While warmly caring for Phil’s body, he received the tool for this task from the so-called “system”.

The tool is a contract method. This contract method is completely different from the way of contracting companion beasts in this world. Surprisingly, the companion beast will serve as the slave of the contractor, and the death of the companion beast will not bring harm to the contractor.

Andrea hurriedly glanced at it and was surprised to find that this contract could also contract humans. Despite the surprise, Andrea has gotten used to the system bringing out something amazing from time to time.

This system suddenly appeared in Andrea’s mind five years ago and chose him as the host.

In the beginning, Andrea, who was a poor boy, was very afraid of the system, but now, he is getting along well with this cold system.

The system told him boldly that as long as it could provide him with energy, it would enable him to stand on the highest point of the world like Edmund, the emperor of Valanst.

At first, Andrea did not believe it. After all, that was the emperor known as the legend. He could never imagine in his wildest dreams that he could reach that position. But the system is very strong, and with obliteration as punishment, Andrea can only follow what it puts him to do.

In the blink of an eye, five years have passed, and Andrea has been transformed from head to toe. From the poor boy who had nothing and was bullied, he has become the most promising and youngest general in the empire.

Now, ambition also swells in Andrea’s heart. He dreams almost every day that he can sit in the most honored position in the empire.

“System? Why do you want Phil to contract the Star beast? Can’t I also do it?” Andrea asked. As he said this, he really treated the Star beast as an ordinary beast, completely devoid of any reverence for an emperor.

The system, which has always been indifferent, replied to Andrea’s words: “You already have your own companion beast. If you abandon it rashly, it will be detrimental to your reputation. Phil’s heart already belongs to you, so letting him contract is the best way. When Phil contracts the Star beast, let him use the contract method provided by this system. At the same time, you will also use this contract method to contract Phil.”

Andrea was surprised by the system’s words. He didn’t expect that he would have to contract Phil or use a method that could be called cruel.

But even though Andrea’s heart was turning over, his gentle expression when he looked at Phil remained the same, and he said to Mrs. Gled: “This time, when choosing a contract person for His Majesty, people seem to be unhappy with the council’s decision and want to add some difficulties to the selection.”

With that, Andrea looked at Phil’s expression turning worried. He reached out to hold Phil’s wrist and gently advised, “Phil is not in good health these days. It would be better to withdraw instead, okay?”

Hearing the worry in Andrea’s words, a look of satisfaction instantly flashed through Mrs. Gled’s eyes.

Phil immediately drew back his arm and said with wide eyes, “I’m not giving up, don’t underestimate me!”