ARC 8 - Chapter 8.10

Qing Yun and the others advanced towards the elven forest in silence. Along the way, mercenaries who had heard about the battle in the border city flocked to his side to ensure his safety.

Even though they knew that this strong young girl did not need their protection, these mercenaries wanted to follow her quietly.

Noticing the attitude of these men flocking to the young girl, Morris basically stayed by Qing Yun’s carriage every inch of the way, isolating him from everyone’s prying eyes.

Although the demons have been solved, Morris did not tell anyone about it because he has not yet figured out how he is going to tell Joyce his true identity.

He thought about waiting until Joyce got to the mountains and entered his nest. Then, when it was just the two of them, he would be able to get a little smaller and cuter to please Joyce.

Oh, Joyce loves cleanliness, so maybe he’ll have to scrub his scales carefully before meeting him.

Morris, who was riding along the side of the carriage, was thinking about his response when the small window of the carriage beside him suddenly opened. Joyce’s beautiful face was presented in front of Morris, and his attention was immediately drawn to it.

“What? Are you hungry? Or are you tired and want to rest?” Morris probed her body and gently inquired. He was so attentive that it was completely undetectable that this person’s body was actually a dragon with an extremely rough life.

Even Morris himself could not have imagined that he would become so gentle after finding his treasure. If he had turned into the body of a dragon, I’m afraid even his hard scales would have become soft under Joyce’s gaze.

Not only did Morris bet his attention over, once they saw the carriage move, the surrounding guards and mercenaries also subconsciously looked over and did their best to try to satisfy the young girl’s needs.

Qing Yun narrowed his eyes and looked at the attentive man outside the carriage with an unkind look. He lifted his chin and asked, “Why did you come along, Count Olsen? You should have stayed in the border city.”

“Me?” Morris smiled away, “I’m here to protect you, of course. Hughes died in battle, so I am here to take his place.”

He stared into Joyce’s blue eyes and lowered his voice, “Joyce, you should understand that no one can make me leave you.”

Morris’ eyes swept over Qing Yun’s faintly pursed pale pink lips, and the knot in his throat slid twice subconsciously. He thought again of the stirring after the banquet that day. He had only just tasted the softness of these lips when he was interrupted by the damned demons.

Feeling the man’s burning gaze, Qing Yun’s eyes are becoming more and more unkind, and he had some bad feeling when he looked at Morris.

Qing Yun has been in a very unhappy mood recently. After the battle of the border city, he once again embarked on a journey to the mountains. All the people around him expressed their reluctance or discouragement, but Morris, his lover, did not say a word and even happily sent him into the carriage?

This could not help but make Qing Yun annoyed. He could obviously feel the love and possessiveness of the man as usual in several worlds. Still, according to the character of this fool in the past, if he knew that he was going to give himself to the dragon, he would have been unable to resist and would have killed that dragon desperately. So how could he instead accompany him on the road?