ARC 8 - Chapter 8.4

Serodi breathed a sigh of relief, watching the princess finally walk away from Count Olsen’s side. These days the princess and this man got very close. Although Count Olsen’s attitude toward the princess has always been different, out of natural fear, Serodi always feels worried every time he saw this dangerous man and the “delicate” princess standing together.

And what makes Serodi feel strange is that, since being with Count Olsen, they walked all the way from the center of the forest but never encountered the attack of the beast.

Serodi helplessly smiled again. The growth of the princess is visible to the naked eye. With the magic that the princess has learned from the man now, they, the guards, can say that there is no need to worry about him.

Watching the growth of Joyce, Hughes’s heart also feels mixed. This teenager’s recent behavior is very different from the past. He neither howled to go back nor is he trying to prove that he is not Princess Lydia. Instead, as if he had accepted the reality, he began to study firmly and let himself become strong little by little. He even began to……take the identity of the princess to subdue them, the guards.

Now, Hughes can no longer sneak into the princess’s carriage when no one is looking and scold the teenager as usual. Because whenever he moves closer, not to mention the surrounding elven knights whose eyes linger on the princess at all times, Count Olsen, who appeared inexplicably, will also immediately turn his oozing dark red pupils to him.

Thinking of what the Grand Mage instructed him to say and thinking of the youth’s indifferent statement the other day, Hughes gripped the sword in his hand and finally said nothing.

Morris stared at the carriage where the girl was. Just now, the girl’s distance made him feel a tightening in his heart. He forgot that although he gave shelter to this land, he also brought them harm. In the hearts of these humans, he will always be just a brutal dragon.

As opposed to him, a cold-blooded dragon, the girl as a princess should be more eager to be with a handsome and elegant prince.

At the thought of a young girl being held in the arms of another man later, Morris’ lurking tyranny instantly escaped, and his dark red pupils suddenly turned the color of fire. He could barely restrain the urge to change into his original form.

Kill everyone around him so that Joyce will be just his alone!

When Morris was on the verge of madness, the small window above the carriage opened. Fine white fingers lifted the curtain, revealing the side of the girl’s delicate face.

Morris saw the girl pursed her lips. A pair of blue eyes looked at him and immediately turned back.

“Sorry, I shouldn’t have lost my temper at you for no apparent reason.” Qing Yun thought about it and apologized. After all, although this man’s words just made him angry, this man has obviously poured all his magic into him in recent days. His reaction just now was a little too unkind.

The young girl’s unique clear voice and the pair of firm eyes showed the apology, instantly extinguished the fire in the heart of Morris. His lips moved, wanting to warmly reassure the young girl that it was not her fault.

But after trying for a long time, Morris was distressed to find that the expression on his face seemed to be so cold all the time. He had to laugh bitterly and shook his head at the young girl: “It’s my fault.”