ARC 9 - Chapter 9.14

These days, Qing Yun lived an unusually calm life in the school because the group of people who had previously targeted him had been cleared by Wei Changxiu. Even Wei Shiang was deprived of the inheritance of the Wei family and sent abroad far away, under the guise of receiving training in the music capital, but it is unclear whether Wei Shiang himself enjoys this training.

Although the rest of the students in school are not warm to him and perhaps the same disdain and other feelings remain in their hearts, at least they will not make dirty tricks to target him.

The new honorary professor praised Xiang Chenyu, and even the instructors who had been targeting him did not dare to openly refute the professor’s words, so for a while, Xiang Chenyu’s name was rarely among the gossip and ridicule of people, unlike before.

However, such peaceful days only lasted for less than a week, and one thing pushed Qing Yun into the forefront again.

For the purpose of publicity of the International Music Competition, the competition not only played back the preliminary rounds to refresh the audience’s memories but also interviewed the judges, asking them which contestant was the most likely winner in their minds.

The contestants for the next round were the top of the preliminary rounds in each region. The judges had also changed long ago, and the conference had found ten musicians with more prestige to serve as judges. The most famous of them was Turris, who had previously served as a judge for the preliminary rounds, and Rosef, who was equally famous with him.

In the interview, the eccentric Turris did not reveal his thoughts and did not even praise his student Xiang Chenjin much.

The rest of the judges, on the other hand, almost all pinned their hopes on Xiang Chenyu, who played “Flowing Water” in the preliminary round. Rosef even stated frankly that Xiang Chenyu, who could play “Flowing Water”, was already far beyond this International Music Competition for beginners and could already be called a first-class performer.

Of course, there are also people who say that the song “Flowing Water” is very special, and the reason why Xiang Chenyu surprised people at first is that he gave this song an unprecedented meaning. The emotions conveyed in his music touched people’s hearts unexpectedly and changed people’s views on “Flowing Water”.

After this event, many people even began to wonder whether Khrutaf’s other compositions were as rich in meaning as “Flowing Water” and were waiting to be discovered.

But unfortunately, no one has repeated the miracle created by Chenyu.

Because of this emotional flip, the judges were also not very optimistic about Xiang Chenyu’s next performance. They thought that perhaps “Flowing Water” was already the result of Xiang Chenyu’s extraordinary performance. In short, it was already Xiang Chenyu’s highest level.

In their opinion, although this player’s strength is unquestionable, in the next competition, he will no longer surprise people beyond the initial “Flowing Water”.

But this usually low-key teenager seems determined to give them a scare. The music to be played by each contestant in the round has already been collected. To raise the popularity of the competition, the organizers announced these pieces early on.

The first line of the news released on the official website is: Xiang Chenyu will perform “Concerto in D Major” – Moore.