ARC 10 - Chapter 10.12

Outside, Andrea had returned from the g4213 galaxy by now. The matter of Phil's alleged cheating and those words left by Qing Yun did not cause any disturbance to Andrea.

Because he holds the First Legion in his hands, and at the same time, he is also close friends with the generals of the Second and Third Legions. Andrea secretly controlled the prime minister of the council as early as when he sat in the position of the head of the First Legion, so the whole council was on his side.

Andrea was under suspicion because Phil, who has a relationship with him, was suspected of cheating. However, because Andrea did it very stealthily and there is also his status in society, Andrea was only briefly questioned before being cleared of suspicion. He also became the candidate for the next emperor.

This is because the council has decided that Ilos is the last contract person as he, who was incredibly powerful at the selection, still failed to awaken the Star beast immediately. The council, eager to seize power, did not even think that Edmund had woken up, nor did they wait for three years as stipulated. They hastily determined the matter of Andrea's enthronement and issued the relevant documents.

This decision was met with great backlash from the ministers who had followed Edmund, but Andrea still had his own popular base, and His Majesty had been asleep for too long. Moreover, the council had begun to reveal rumors of a new emperor being elected two years earlier, so even though the people were surprised, they didn't object too much.

Andrea came out of the council building and nodded politely in the face of the old faction ministers who were scowling at him, before accepting an interview with reporters.

"May I ask General Andrea, what do you think about the council's decision to elect you as the next emperor and to ascend the throne soon? As far as I know, you are an admirer of His Majesty Edmund. Will such a decision make you feel sorry for His Majesty?"

In the face of the reporters' sharp questions, Andrea remained unperturbed, and he replied with a decent demeanor: "The council represents the will of the people, not my personal will. I can only say that I fully obey the orders of the empire."

"In addition, as an individual, I am willing to wait forever for His Majesty to wake up. But as a general of the empire, I have to say that His Majesty has disappeared for too long, and we must elect a new person in power for the sake of the empire's safety and security." Andrea said.

His words, however, caused a momentary gasp from the reporters, "General, you say His Majesty has disappeared? Not sleeping?"

There was a glint of light in Andrea's eyes, but his face showed a sorrowful expression: "Now this fact can no longer be concealed, His Majesty is not just sleeping, he is no longer in the palace either. His Majesty Edmund has disappeared for hundreds of years."

Such a revelation instantly made people talk about it, and some kind of vague chaos occurred throughout the empire.

Such a result is exactly what Andrea wants. Until everyone thinks that His Majesty Edmund abandoned them and began to panic, he will then ascend to the throne and become the central backbone-like existence of the world.

It is reasonable to say that Andrea will not be so impatient to ascend the throne. According to his character, he would have waited for the appearance of the contract person before prompting the council to make such a decision.