ARC 8 - Chapter 8.8

The battle in the border city started, which means that the demons have already taken over the whole dwarf race, and the next to fall is the human race. This small city, which had been comfortable even when living at the border, finally ushered in the most terrible hell.

What defeated them was not the bold and fierce demons but themselves. Because before the demons broke through the gates of the border city, the people in the whole city had already lost their fighting spirit and panicked so much that they didn’t even know where to hide.

The soldiers guarding the city were already scarce. Even after joining the escort of the city lord’s house, they were no match for the demon army.

Qing Yun was escorted all the way into the carriage and then broke through the panicked crowd to escape from the city lord’s mansion.

These soldiers and guests, seeing the princess’s signature carriage, gave way. They looked at the carriage like it was a flame of salvation.

“Quickly! Let the princess escape. When they get to the Morris Mountains, the princess will awaken the dragon!”

“The dragon! To the dragon, awaken the dragon, and we will be saved!”

The presence of the princess immediately made the people of the border city think of their savior. They struggled out of their panic, and the first thing they thought of was not to hide and escape but to kneel down under that statue of the dragon in the city and pray.

Qing Yun sat in the carriage, passing by the statue of the dragon with wings ready to fly, looking at the people kneeling by the statue praying piously, but his face could not make any expression.

This small border town, which should have been familiar with war and chaos, is putting all its hopes for survival on a dragon from a legend.

No one knows if the dragon will come, and no one dares to doubt it. They prefer to believe the legends and do not have the courage to take up their weapons in their hands to fight hard with the demons.

This is the norm throughout the Kingdom of Studian. Just as when they knew about the demon invasion, the first thing they did was to find the most beautiful one of the three races as a gift for the dragon. They have lost the courage to resist the invasion in the last ten thousand years of comfort.

As the object of prayer for the entire border city, Morris simply indifferently scanned the group of people praying. He has been living for tens of thousands of years, and this entire kingdom of Studian is like his livestock, simply keeping the land flourishing until he finds his lost treasure.

Thinking of this, Morris’ eyes sweep over the carriage with tenderness. Now that he has found his treasure, he no longer has an obsession with this land.

Whether it’s the demons or the humans, Morris doesn’t have any sense of belonging. His only connection to the world is the maiden in the carriage.

Of course, he could immediately transform into his original form and save the border city from the disaster, but what good would that do? Joyce still has a prejudice against his original form. He certainly does not want to scare his baby right now because of these humans.

The princess’s gorgeous carriage passed unhindered through the panic-stricken crowd. Wherever the carriage went, the expectant voices of the people rang out, “Is it the princess? Quickly let the princess leave!”