ARC 10 - Chapter 10.3

The exchanges between Horst and the station master, as well as the station master’s unkind gaze, were all left behind by Qing Yun, who took two steps forward and took down the scale that was hanging in the middle of the reception hall.

The aura emanating from the scales was the same as the aura of the man’s soul. Although the aura had become faint because the scales had been away from the body for too long, it still made Qing Yun feel like he was in tears.

Anyway, he finally found a trace of him. Maybe the man’s body was dead, maybe it was all just empty joy, but it was better to be exposed to this familiar scent again and find anything related to the man than to watch that man disappear into thin air.

Looking at Qing Yun’s obviously moved expression, Yi Rui, who had followed Qing Yun these days and was already extremely familiar with his indifference, could not believe his eyes.

The station master also noticed Qing Yun’s movement and immediately shouted in a fake manner, “Mr. Ilos, how can you be so rude as to take His Majesty’s scales? This scale is our faith and has always been sheltered in this space station.”

Qing Yun paused as he gazed at the scales and finally looked at the station master, “You say this is His Majesty’s scales?”

“Of course, you have committed a serious crime by taking the scales in such a rude manner.” The station master tried to scare the youth with a harsh tone first. He had long sensed that there was something wrong with this Ilos, who should have been dead. It seemed like his brain was damaged, and he had lost his memory. This is good, a physically weak waste without a barely functioning brain. Isn’t it better to deal with this?

After speaking, the station master smiled kindly again: “But Ilos, you see, all around are our friends, and His Majesty has also been sleeping for a hundred years. As long as I do not say, there is no one to hold you accountable for your sins, so you have to……”

The station master tried to take the scales back from Qing Yun’s hands, but the youth dodged the action.

Qing Yun did not pay any attention to the words of this station master who was full of lies. He turned his head to look at Yi Rui, who immediately explained to him knowingly.

“Sir, this is indeed His Majesty’s scales, the giant beast that you just saw outside the energy shield. Because the scales of the Star beast can block the harmful rays in the stars, a scale is put on every space hub station.”

After saying this, Yi Rui found that the always indifferent young man surprisingly had a slight smile at the corner of his mouth: “There are thousands of hub stations in the interstellar, then aren’t his scales going to be plucked out all by you guys?”

These kinds of rude words once again came out from Qing Yun’s mouth, but Yi Rui was no longer frightened. Instead, he felt a faint warmth fill the air around the youth with these words. He looked at the young man and the scales in his hand and felt that this young man seemed to have an inextricable link with His Majesty.

“These are the scales that His Majesty naturally shed, but His Majesty has been sleeping for nearly a hundred years, so these scales have not been replaced with new ones for a long time.” Speaking of which, Yi Rui remembered the news he read on the star network before, “Right, there will be a selection of His Majesty’s contracted person again this year. I heard that this time the screening is for people who have been without a companion beast……”