ARC 8 - Chapter 8.11

Morris returned to the mountains. The reason he chose to sleep here is because there is a huge cold pool under it. Whenever he couldn’t restrain the tyranny in his soul, he would dive right into the cold pool and use the power of the outside world to keep himself calm.

This time, Morris dived into the cold pool again without a sound, and the piercing cold air passed through his scales, resisting the burning and tyranny in his soul.

Feeling the calmness of his soul, Morris finally breathed a sigh of relief. This is a problem he has had since he became conscious. Every now and then, he would go crazy because of the pain in his soul, thus leaving a reputation of tyranny in the whole dragon race.

He was truly afraid that in case he couldn’t control himself, he would hurt his Joyce.

But having left his baby, an unspeakable longing lingered in his heart again.

“It’ll be quick, seven days? No……three days will do.” Despite this reassurance, Morris is still not quite at ease. He once again mobilized the power of his soul.

Far away in the elven forest, the Demon King Aino, the Elven King, as well as the Beast King deep in the forest all heard the unique voice of Morris in their heads: “Protect my treasure. If she is harmed in the slightest, I will let all the living creatures on this continent be buried with her! She is the princess of the……Kingdom of Studian and is about to rush to the elven forest.”

All with solemn faces, these kings responded respectfully in their minds, “I am willing to serve you!”

After getting an affirmative answer, Morris only then slowly sank into the bottom of the cold pool, and the crystal clear frost immediately wrapped around his huge body.

After getting the dragon’s order in his mind, a trace of joy appeared on Aino’s face, and he looked at the beautiful maiden sitting under the elven mother tree, with a glint in his eyes.

He guessed right. The dragon Morris really cared about this Princess Lydia.

Seize the dragon’s weakness to threaten it? Aino did have a flash of such an idea at first, but the idea immediately dissipated without a trace. The dragon Morris is too powerful, he can destroy the entire demon race in one fell swoop before Aino has time to react, and Aino does not dare to take such a risk.

No one dares to completely anger Morris. The few times in history he was angry have been a disaster.

The dragon fire has spread throughout the abyss where the demon race lives. The only thing Aino is praying for now is to be able to please the terrible dragon through this princess so that he can spare his own race.

Just then, in the hall at the center of the elven race, a gorgeously dressed elf also came out, and he was the King of the entire elven race. But, although he is the King, he lives under the pressure of the dragon, just like the Demon King Aino.

The proud elves once rebelled against the rule of the dragon Morris. However, that rebellion was the race’s eternal wound. Even the elven mother tree, on which they rely for survival, withered under the dragon’s flame for a long time and only regained life after thousands of years.

As soon as the Elf King came out, he looked at the Demon King Aino. They both saw a similar glint in each other’s eyes, so they knew that the other party must have been ordered by the dragon as well.