ARC 5 - Chapter 5.6

When the dirt settled, a stream of water suddenly emerged from the youth’s hands. He stood in the middle of the bodies, washing his hands clean. The water slowly disappeared, and Qing Yun turned around and skipped past the dumbfounded crowd toward the car.

The child’s innocence is gone, and his clear appearance seems to glow in the darkness. An indescribable arrogance crept up Qing Yun’s eyebrows, making the hearts of the people watching him walk closer slowly tremble.

At the end of the world, the ability users who have lived until now are sensitive to death. Now, their whole body is shrouded by an overwhelming killing intent, but they do not even dare to lift the weapon in their hands.

Standing behind Qing Yun, Sheng Feng felt that the youth in front of him was unfamiliar. It was as if the child who had been staying by Sheng Feng’s side these days had suddenly turned into a powerful and indifferent stranger.

But this strangeness also seems to carry a sense of familiarity imprinted in Sheng Feng’s soul. These two feelings intertwined and made Sheng Feng unable to distinguish which he was most familiar with.

“Who are you?”

Sheng Feng’s hoarse voice rang out behind Qing Yun, who turned his head to look at him. The corner of his mouth pulled out an icy and mocking curve: “No comment.”

The cold words made Sheng Feng instantly clench his fists. He looked into the young man’s eyes, which were incomparably empty with only a morbid killing intent and endless dead silence. The attachment and adoration that once filled his eyes seemed to be nothing more than a bubble in Sheng Feng’s dream.

Sheng Feng’s heart suddenly felt like someone had slashed an opening. Something unseen and untouchable flowed out clean, leaving his heart empty and unsettled.

Now, the youth’s eyes are finally colored with what is most needed in the last days.

He no longer has to worry about his Qing Yun being bullied.

But in his heart, there was a vague suspicion emerging. He felt that the youth should not look at him with such cold eyes and that they should not have such a hostile relationship.

Qing Yun did not say anything all the way and just walked straight into the car. Behind him, Ding Shiang and the others did not move. They looked up at Sheng Feng, with hesitation and doubt in their eyes.

Qing Yun’s current state indeed gives them the chills. Previously, when he was only five years old mentally, they dared to take him back to the base, but now?

The murderous aura that emerged from this man was not fake. Ding Shiang felt bitter in his heart. He felt that Qing Yun must have retained his previous memories. Otherwise, he could not have been so hostile to the entire team.

A feeling of regret suddenly rose in the hearts of these ability users present. If they had helped Qing Yun when he was being ostracized and bullied, they would have gotten a powerful accomplice now.

Sheng Feng could tell at a glance whether Qing Yun was angry, making a scene, or simply silent. Now, although the young man’s aura is unfathomable and his face remains icy cold, Sheng Feng can still keenly feel his inner emotions.

Sheng Feng knew that Qing Yun had a little habit of pinching his index finger with the nail of his thumb whenever he was unhappy or angry. And now, the nails of the youth sitting in the passenger seat were almost sunk into the flesh. So he knew that the young man sitting quietly in the passenger seat right now must have a lot of anger in his heart.

That’s right, Qing Yun is now furious.

He did not expect that he was living in such a state these days. When he first came to this world, Qing Yun was furious because of what happened to this body. He was in a bad mood and then found that there was something wrong with this body. He had a mental ability, and Qing Yun’s soul raised this ability even higher.