ARC 7 - Chapter 7.6

Qing Yun sat down in the private room and received the tea handed to him by Chen Bing. He frowned as he felt that he had just overlooked something, but he did not find anything unusual when he looked down from the window of the private room.

Sitting in the most secretive position below, Qi Yue is also secretly looking towards the private room upstairs. The military commander beside him noticed his unusualness but only thought that Qi Yue was searching for the location of the Grand Prince and did not think much of it.

Soon, Qing Yang Building unveiled the topic of the day. The only words on the banner in the middle were “Ruined Flowers and Broken Wood”.

As soon as he saw the topic, one of the people in Qing Yun’s room immediately slapped the table and said angrily, “How outrageous, this Qing Yang Building is too bold!”

The person who spoke was the companion of the Grand Prince Yan Sa, the son of the Minister of Officials, who knew that the Grand Prince was going to visit Qing Yang Building today, so he booked a private room over here in advance.

It’s no wonder he reacted this way. Wei Lin and Chen Bing also looked terrible.

This Qing Yang Building is a gathering place for the scholars in the Capital. Every three days, a topic will be released for all the scholars present to express their opinions. It is known to everyone that the topics released by Qing Yang Building are often related to Imperial affairs.

Aren’t the words “Ruined Flowers and Broken Wood” today intended to insult and mock the Grand Prince’s crippled state?

Qing Yun leisurely sipped his tea and did not reveal an unhappy expression because of this very directional topic.

When Wei Lin took a look at his expression, he immediately understood, and his anger gradually dissipated. The Grand Prince is an open-minded person and will not be angry just because of these words with a hidden meaning. In the case of the Grand Prince’s temperament, even if someone really stood up and cursed at him, His Highness would not be outraged. If that person is justified, he might even praise them.

What’s more,…… Wei Lin secretly smiled and sipped his tea. The owner of this Qing Yang Building, and even the court officials, should not yet know the news that the Grand Prince’s body is already okay.

Wei Lin is very sophisticated and can naturally look away. Chen Bing has always followed Qing Yun’s lead and will not say anything if Qing Yun does not express himself. But Qing Yun’s companion, Wang Ming, is still young and vigorous. He wanted to show his loyalty in front of the Grand Prince, so he began to calculate slowly, waiting to make a speech later so that the person who would insult the Grand Prince would be speechless.

But Wang Ming was overthinking. Once the topic of today’s discussion in the Qing Yang Building was out, unlike the previous days when someone immediately came forward to express their views, the place was eerily quiet, with only the sound of shaking fans and drinking tea.

Wei Lin saw this, smiled, and stroked his beard.

There are good scholars in Qing Yang Building, but they are not brainless people, and they naturally do not dare to speak out when they encounter such topics. After all, the issue talks about the current regent, the Grand Prince. Apart from his reputation of being physically challenged, the Grand Prince’s every move has won the people’s hearts. Even these scholars who do not do practical work and are only bookish have some admiration for him.