ARC 7 - Chapter 7.14

“There is no need for Governor Zhang to be polite. The situation in Xiangzhou is serious, so there is no need to fuss over formalities.” Qing Yun lifted the curtain to take a look. The father and daughter at the city entrance were brightly dressed, and their faces were rosy even under this harsh environment. It seemed that they did not live in the same world as the victims outside the city.

His eyes turned on the woman with her head down, and Qing Yun indifferently moved his eyes away. It seems that this father and daughter do not know that the one who came from the Capital is not just any imperial envoy but the Grand Prince himself. Otherwise, this Zhang Lin would not have treated him like any other imperial envoy. He would have presented his daughter, who is engaged to General Zhenbei.

Great Yan is not too heavy on the defense between men and women. Still, it is not approved by the public for unmarried women to expose themselves. For the sake of glory and wealth, this Zhang Lin does not even care about his daughter’s reputation.

Zhang Lin and his daughter Zhang Luoyan glanced at each other and were a bit strange. Usually, all the envoys were aware of the marriage between Zhang Luoyan and Qi Yue. They often greeted Zhang Luoyan with a few words, but now it was just a cold sentence of dismissal.

There was a bad feeling in his heart, but Zhang Lin glanced at the carriage and the five or six guards behind it. Then, put his mind at ease and said, according to his usual method of dealing with these envoys: “Sir has been traveling for a long time, why don’t you settle down first? This official has set up a banquet in the house, please come.”

“Oh? That’s very good.” Qing Yun gently lowered the curtain, and he didn’t have time to follow the Governor’s play. The situation in Xiangzhou is serious and can no longer be delayed. Tonight, he will make the Xiangzhou governor spit out the disaster relief money he swallowed intact!

The group advanced to the Governor’s residence, and the young guard at the end spat at Qing Yun’s carriage. This group of imperial wimps looked like they were going to eat Zhang Lin’s flesh at first glance. Still, after a meal at the Governor’s residence, they were like defeated soldiers, ignoring the matter of Xiangzhou, and some even directly fled!

After the departure of these officials, Zhang Lin, the Governor of the people, began to collect the people’s money even more. Therefore, in the eyes of the young guard, these officials from the court and Governor Zhang Lin are the same!

If only……if only the Third Prince could come, it would be nice, the young guard silently thought. Although this Zhang Lin returned to his old ways after the Third Prince left, he stops for a few moments, at least when the third prince is in. Just these few moments will be able to make the people of the whole of Xiangzhou grateful.

Not only did the young guard think so, but when they entered the city, the victims hunched over on the roadside at the city walls all looked over with hopeful eyes when they saw the officials from the Capital. Some bold people even asked the guards quietly, “Are they from the Capital? Is it someone sent by the Third Prince?”

“No……” the guard can only shake his head with a bitter face, “I heard that now the Grand Prince is in power, the one who came is the imperial envoy sent by the Grand Prince ……”

These words let the victims who came to inquire suddenly seemed to have exhausted bodies and sat disheveled in the corner. Such serious flooding, the farmland was destroyed by fire, the river banks were covered with floating corpses, and then there were imperial envoys who came to upset the Governor……

BOSS TRANSMIGRATED INTO A LITTLE CUTIEजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें