Lifeguard | M.M.

It was a hot summer day in the town of Hawkins so you and your best friend, El, went to the town pool. You mostly just went because your crush, Max, was a lifeguard there.

You've tried to talk to her but she never seems interested in you. The first day that you introduced yourself to her and asked her out, she rejected you by telling you she already had a girlfriend.

A few days later you found out that she was lying and you gave her the silent treatment, not like she even noticed or cared anyways, but at the end of the day you could never stay mad at her.

You were sitting in the pool chair with El sitting next to you. You stared at the door to the lifeguard office, waiting for the red head to come out. You've been here so many times that you know when it's her shift.

"Are you ever gonna give up?" El asked as she knew exactly who you were waiting for.

"Shut up. I have a good plan this time." you shrugged.

"y/n-"

"shh here she comes!" you shushed El as you saw the lifeguard office door open.

You sat up in your chair as Max put her sunglasses on and spun her whistle. When she walked towards you she didn't even spare you a glance, no surprise there. You, however, stared at her longer than you probably should have. You stared at her toned abs and then when she walked past you your eyes made their way down to her ass. You watched as she climbed up the lifeguard ladder, sat down in her chair, and put the tip of her whistle in her mouth as her eyes scanned over the pool.

"You done staring?" El asked.

"I wasn't staring." You defended.

"Oh, yeah? Well, the drool on your face says otherwise." She teased.

You quickly wiped the drool off your chin before you looked back at Max.

"So, can you tell me this master plan you have?" El rolled her eyes.

"Just... watch." You said before getting up.

You walked over to where Max was sitting. You screamed as you pretended to slip and fall in the pool. You laid face down in the pool, pretending to be unconscious. Max quickly hopped off of her lifeguard chair and jumped into the pool. She swam over to you and pulled you out of the pool, over to where there wasn't that many people. She laid you down on the concrete and kneeled down next to you as she started CPR. After she did 30 compressions, she tilted your chin and was about to give you mouth to mouth. Before she could, you opened your eyes.

"Shouldn't you take me out to dinner before you kiss me?" you teased.

She looked at you in confusion before realizing that you played her.

"What the fuck, y/n?" she asked as she shoved your shoulder.

You smirked as you sat up and looked at her.

"It's not funny. I thought you drowned." She said.

"Aww. You care about me." You smiled.

"Of course- I mean- It's my job to care." She folded her arms.

"Well, in that case can I take you out to dinner in honor of you saving my life?" You asked.

She scoffed. "Not after that stunt you pulled."

"So you're saying there was a possibility before?" You smiled as your ego got boosted even more.

"I can't deal with you right now." She shook her head before standing up and walking back to her chair.

You stood up and followed her. "Please? I promise you will have a great time."

"If I say yes will you stop asking?" She wondered.