Secret Admirer | M.M. (Part 2)

When you got to the football field at the school, the sun already started to set and it was hard to see but luckily for you the lights on the field were on.

You noticed someone standing in the middle of the field with a bouquet of your favorite flowers, pink orchids.

"Hey." You smiled as you stood in front of them.

Brendan smiled as he held out the flowers for you. "Hey."

You took the flowers with a light blush on your cheeks. "How'd you know these were my favorite?"

"You always draw them in your notebook during math class." He noted causing you to smile. "So, um, the reason why I did this whole secret admirer thing is because I've had a crush on you for a while and I wanted to ask you to be my valentine."

You let out a small giggle before nodding. "I'd love to be your valentine."

Brendan let out a small sigh of relief. "Great."

You'd be lying if you said you weren't bummed that Max wasn't your secret admirer. But you were also okay with it. You'd have to get over her at some point.

...

On Valentines Day, Brendan picked you up in his pick up truck to take you out to a fancy dinner.

He treated you like a queen and at the end of the night he asked you to be his girlfriend, which you obviously said yes.

The next day at school you walked over to your lunch table where the party was sitting. You set down your lunch and sat next to Max, who was poking at her food with a sad look on her face.

"How was your date last night?" Dustin asked you.

"It was amazing. He took me out to a fancy restaurant, we went stargazing after that, then when he dropped me off he asked me to be his girlfriend." You ranted.

Max looked up from her food and at you. "You said yes?"

"Of course I did." You laughed softly. "Why wouldn't I?"

Max shrugged before going back to poking at her food.

"Hey, y/n!" You turned around to see Brendan waving you over to his table. "Come sit here."

"Be right there." You called back as you picked up your lunch and started walking away. "See you guys later."

Max watched as you sat down next to Brendan. She clenched her jaw out of anger as you kissed him on the cheek and he placed his arm around your shoulders.

"You okay, Max?" Will asked her.

"I'm fine."

...

You and Brendan have been dating for about four months now. Max hated that you two were together at first but then she realized that he made you happy so she hid her anger.

You were happy with Brendan. Your relationship was really strong up until last week.

He hasn't spoken to you in a couple days and he even stood you up on a few dates. You had about two classes with him and even then he didn't talk to you.

One day you decided to surprise him at his locker and try to get some answers.

When you turned down the hallway to his locker you were shocked at what you saw. Brendan was at his locker but not alone. He was kissing some other girl.

Tears welled up in your eyes. He didn't even have the heart to break up with you. He just ghosted you and got with another girl.

You let out a sob as you turned around and walked back down the hallway. You ran into Max who quickly noticed you crying and she put her arms out to stop you from walking.