Surprise | M.M.

Takes place in season 4 but theres no Vecna and no deaths. And also Angela doesn't get beaten with a roller skate 🛼

———

Its been 8 months since the battle at Starcourt and 5 months since you and your family moved to California.

It was your spring break and you really wanted to spend it in Hawkins with your girlfriend, Max, but your mom didn't want you going back to Hawkins without her.

You were pretty mad and it sure didn't help when you found out Mike was visiting to see El. You just new that you and Will were gonna be fourth wheels.

Right now you were sitting in the airport with Will, Jonathan, El, and Jonathans friend Argyle. Mikes plane had just arrived so now you all were waiting for him to come out the crowd of people.

Argyle, Jonathan, and you had blank looks on your faces while El and Will had big smiles on their faces. You were excited to see Mike but you just thought it was unfair that El got spend spring break with her boyfriend.

As soon as El saw Mike, she stood up with a big smile. "Mike!"

Once Mike noticed you all El waved him over. He walked over to you all, immediately kissing El. After they kissed, El pulled Mike into a hug.

"Oh, careful, careful, careful. You're squishing your present." Mike told her as he pulled away from the hug.

"Oh." El smiled happily as Mike handed her flowers.

"Its a gift. I, uh- I handpicked those for you in Hawkins." Mike told her with a smile. "I know you like yellow, but now im realizing its too much yellow."

You noticed El look at the card that was tied to a stem. You noticed her smile fade before she quickly replaced it with a fake one.

"I know you also like purple, so I got purple as well." Mike continued. "So I kinda did, like, a 70/30 split kinda thing."

"They're perfect. Thank you." El smiled.

"Oh. Oh!" Mike said as he noticed you and Will. "Hey. How you doing?"

Will went to hug him but Mike just patted him on the shoulder instead, causing Wills smile to fade.

"Hey, y/n/n." Mike nodded at you.

You gave him a tight smile. "Hey."

"Hey, Mike." Jonathan greeted.

"Hey, how you doing?" Mike asked.

"Yeah, good, man." Jonathan said.

"Good." Mike said before noticing the painting in Will's hand. "Uh, what's that?"

"Um, it's nothing. Just this painting I've been working on." Will told him.

"Cool." Mike nodded.

"Uh, Mike?" You asked and he looked at you. "How's Max?"

You knew Max hasn't been doing well since Billy's death and it pained you to not be there for her. But little did you know, Max had gotten off the plane right after Mike had and was watching you from afar.

"She's..." Mike hesitated.

He didn't know how to tell you that Max had been doing worse since you left.

"She's okay." Mike told you.

The way he hesitated made you think otherwise but you didn't wanna ask anymore questions.

"That's a rad shirt, man. Ocean Pacific?" Argyle spoke up.

"Oh, hey, Mike. This is, uh, my friend Argyle." Jonathan introduced.