Love Song | S.S.

It was 11 o'clock in the morning when you walked out of the bathroom, all dressed and ready to go to the studio, when you noticed Sadie still asleep in bed.

It was her day off today so you let her sleep in. You had a surprise for her at your studio and you wanted to show it to her today since it was the only day she could.

You sat down on the bed and moved some hair out of her face. "Sadie. Sweetheart."

"Yeah?" Sadie mumbled, her eyes still closed.

"I have a surprise for you at the studio. Can you come with me?" You softly asked her.

"Yeah." Sadie responded. "I'll be down in a sec."

"Okay."

You leaned down to give her a light kiss on the cheek before leaving the room. You went down into the kitchen to make Sadie some toast. 

Right when you were spreading the butter, Sadie came down and wrapped her arms around your waist.

"Goodmorning." Sadie said as she kissed your cheek.

"Goodmorning, baby." You leaned back into her as you finished buttering her toast. "I made you breakfast."

"Thank you, beautiful." Sadie replied.

You turned around in her arms, picking up the plate, and held it out for her to take. She gave you a peck on the lips before taking the plate from you.

You placed your hand on her chest and rubbed your thumb on her cheekbone. "Let me know when you're ready to go, hon."

...

You and Sadie got to the studio at around twelve. You lead her into the room where your producer, Dan, was on the computer and adding the final touches to one of your songs.

"So what's my surprise?" Sadie asked with anticipation.

"So, you know my album, right?" You asked her and she nodded. "I'm calling it Lover and all the songs are about you."

Sadie raised her eyebrows, surprised. "You wrote an album about me? That's why you've been keeping it such a secret?"

"Mhm." You smiled at her. "Do you want to hear one of the songs."

"You bet I do." Sadie excitedly smiled.

"Okay." You turned around to face Dan and Sadie wrapped her arms around your waist. "Dan, can you play track three?"

"Sure." Dan nodded as he opened up the third track of the album and hit play.

In the car, in the car, in the backseat, I'm your baby
We go fast, we go so fast, we don't move
I believe in a place you take me
Make you real proud of your baby
In your car, I'm a star and I'm burnin' through you

Sadie pulled you closer to her and rested her head on your shoulder. You leaned back into her and she kissed your neck.

Oh, be my once in a lifetime
Lying on your chest, in my party dress
I'm a fucking mess but I
Oh, thanks for the high life
Baby, it's the best, that's a test
And yes, now I'm here with you and I
Would like to think that you would stick around
You know that I'd just die to make you proud
The taste, the touch, the way we love
It all comes down to make the sound of our love song

Dream a dream, here's a scene
Touch me anywhere 'cause I'm your baby
Grab my waist, don't waste any part
I believe that you see me for who I am
So spill my clothes on the floor of your new car
Is it safe, is it safe to just be who we are?

Oh, be my once in a lifetime
Lying on your chest, in my party dress
I'm a fucking mess but I
Oh, thanks for the high life
Baby, it's the best, pass the test
And yes, now I'm here with you and I
Would like to think that you would stick around
You know that I'd just die to make you proud
The taste, the touch, the way we love
It all comes down to make the sound of our love song

The taste, the touch, the way we love
It all comes down to make the sound of our love song

When you turned around to face Sadie you saw a few tears coming down her face. You laughed and wiped a few of her tears.

"God, that was beautiful, y/n/n." Sadie chuckled. 

"You really liked it?" You asked her with a smile and she nodded. "I'm so glad."

Sadie wrapped her arms around her waist and pulled you into a hug. You wrapped your arms around her neck and laid your head on her shoulder.

"I love you so much." Sadie whispered in your ear.

"I love you, too, baby."