Dont Leave Me | Z.B.

It's been a few weeks since the massacre at camp and you and Ziggy have been dealing with it very differently. You've been going to a bunch of doctors and therapists but Ziggy has started to rebel, more than she did before the massacre.

One night you were reading in bed when you heard a knock on your window. You figured it was Ziggy so you got up and walked over there and sure enough she was sitting on the roof with a backpack on.

You opened the window. "Hey."

"Hi." Ziggy smiled. "Come on, I have something fun for us to do."

"Ziggy, it's almost midnight. Not to mention it's gonna rain soon." You told her.

"So?" Ziggy asked.

"So, I'm tired and I want to go to bed." You replied.

"Please, babe. I promise you'll have fun." Ziggy promised.

"Fine." You sighed.

You grabbed your sweatshirt before you started to climb out the window. Ziggy held out her hand for you and you took it as she helped you out the window.

...

Ziggy dragged you all the way down to the Shadyside high school. The entire walk there you were asking questions but she didn't give you much detail about what you guys were doing.

She walked you over to the side of the school before taking off her backpack.

"Can you please tell me what we're doing here." You said to her.

Ziggy unzipped her backpack and pulled out two cans of spray paint before she dropped her bag. You raised an eyebrow at her actions.

"We're spray painting the school." Ziggy smirked before she started to shake the cans.

"What?!" You exclaimed. "Ziggy, that's illegal."

"Yeah, so?" Ziggy shrugged.

"Okay, look. I'm all for pulling pranks but this is just too far, Ziggs. What's going on with you?" You asked her.

"Nothing is going on." Ziggy shook her head. "Come on, have some fun."

"Are you sure this isn't about..." You hesitated. "Cindy."

"Don't bring her up!" Ziggy snapped.

"Ziggy, i'm worried about you!" You exclaimed.

"Don't worry about me! That's not your job! What I do with my life doesn't concern you!" Ziggy yelled.

You stared at her in disbelief. "It does concern me, I'm your girlfriend!"

"I don't give a shit what you are to me!"

"Ziggy-"

"Mind your own fucking business!" Ziggy ordered as she shook the can and started to paint the building.

"Fine! But if this is what you're gonna do with your life then I don't want to be a part of it." You told her before walking away.

Ziggy quickly stopped what she was doing and looked at you. "Wait, y/n/n."

She tried to stop you but you just ignored her and continued walking away. Ziggy quickly put her cans back in her backpack and chased after you.

...

By the time you got back home, it had already started raining. You climbed up the side of your house and crawled back through your window. You slammed it shut before sitting down at your desk and drawing in your sketchbook.

After a few more minutes, there was a knock on your window followed by Ziggy calling out your name. You rolled your eyes and tried to ignore her as best as you could.

"Y/n/n, please let me in!" Ziggy yelled.

Her voice was muffled and a bit hard to hear over the rain but you knew what she was saying.

"You were right, okay? I was being an asshole! Just let me in and we'll talk about this!" Ziggy shouted but you just continued to ignore her. "Please! I'm cold and my clothes are soaking wet."

You let out a sigh before standing up and walking over to the window. You opened it and let her in. She crawled into your room and shut the window as you went to get her a towel. You threw it at her before sitting back down at your desk.

"Aren't we gonna talk?" Ziggy asked as she dried herself off.

"What do you wanna talk about?" You asked as you picked your pencil back up and continued drawing.

Ziggy slightly smiled. "Us."

"I think you made it very clear that you want nothing to do with me." You said.

Ziggy sighed as she sat down on the edge of your bed. "You don't have to talk. Just listen."

Ziggy waited for you to answer but you didn't.

"You were right. I do miss Cindy." Ziggy started. "And you can hate me for this but I don't think you understand exactly what I'm going through. I died, y/n/n. And you saved me. I just..." Ziggy stayed silent for a few seconds. "I love you."

You stopped drawing and looked up from your paper and at the wall. You and Ziggy have only been going out for a few months and neither of you have said those words.

"And I never want to lose you. You were the only one who actually cared for me and I just screwed everything up." Ziggy shook her head.

You quickly put down your pencil and stood up before walking over to her. Ziggy looked at you as you straddled her and then connected your lips with hers.

Ziggy placed her hands on your hips as you wrapped your arms around her neck.

"I love you, too." You breathed out after you pulled away.

"Please dont leave me. I need you." Ziggy softly said.

"I need you too, Ziggs. I'll never leave you." You whispered as you wiped her tears.