Flayed | M.M.

The party, minus y/n, was hiding behind a car in the parking lot of the pool. El had her suspicions that y/n was the new host for the Mind Flayer so now they were all spying on her.

y/n was sitting in her lifeguard chair, twirling her whistle, as her eyes scanned over the pool.

"I don't know. She looks pretty normal to me." Max said as she looked at y/n through the binoculars.

Max was the only one who was in denial about y/n being the host because the two of them were completely in love and she knew y/n would never hurt anyone.

"Normal? How many times have you seen her with that aggressive look on her face?" Lucas asked as Max took off her binoculars and looked at him.

Max shrugged. "I mean, it's a little weird."

"More than a little." Mike jumped in. "She was in a tub with ice. The Mind Flayer likes it cold. Plus everything else-"

"But she's lounging at the pool, which is, like, the least Mind Flayer thing ever." Max disagreed.

"Not necessarily." Will shook his head as everyone looked at him. "The Mind Flayer likes to hide. He only used me when he needed me. It's like... like you're dormant. And then, when he needs you..." Will looked back over to y/n. "You're activated."

"Okay, so we just... wait until she gets activated." Max said.

Mike shook his head. "No. What if she hurts someone?"

"Or kills someone." Will added.

"She wouldn't." Max snapped.

"We can't take that chance. We need to find out if she's the host." Mike told everyone before he started to walk away.

"Where are you going?" El asked.

"I have an idea. Boys only." Mike told them and motioned for Will and Lucas to follow him, which they did.

"Seriously?" Max furrowed her eyebrows.

"Just trust me on this one." Mike replied before running off with Will and Lucas causing Max to roll her eyes.

...

The girls waited for a couple minutes until the boys came back and explained the plan on how they were gonna trap y/n in the sauna.

They would have just went right up to her and told her that they needed to burn the Mind Flayer out of her, but the thing is y/n didn't know anything about the upside down monsters.

Although, after this, Max might have to tell her everything.

The group split up to go get supplies while Max stayed by the car to keep an eye on y/n.

"Mike, are you there?" Max spoke into her walkie after a few minutes of waiting.

"Yeah!" Mike spoke back.

"Where are you guys?" Max asked.

"I'm coming. Just... hold on a second." Mike told her.

Max put the walkie down on the hood of the car before looking back through her binoculars at y/n.

"God, I hope it's not you. I really hope it's not you." Max mumbled to herself.

...

The party was spread out around the locker room, waiting for y/n to be done with her shower. Once Mike saw y/n at her locker, he moved from his spot on the floor and slammed the locker room door shut.

"Pool's closed." He heard y/n say.

Mike slowly opened the door again, causing it to screech, before he slammed it shut again. Mike quickly ran away from the door and went to stand by the door that lead to where the sauna is.